Teacher picking on student?

the English teacher picks on me in school all the time the head teacher never listens her motto is the teacher is always right

what should i do??

• neniaf
    Best Answer

What do you mean by "picking on"? Is the teacher merely calling on you frequently (which is perfectly acceptable), or is she saying derogatory things about you in front of the class? If the latter, you do need to bring a parent into this to add some power against the head teacher.

I work really hard at not picking favorite students openly, but I'm sure my students would say otherwise. There are some kids who interact better with adults, or that have a great attitude, or that react favorably to my class, or that I can see a little of myself from teenage years in, or that I think I would be friends with if we were in the same generation. Any of those students could end up being my favorite, just because I enjoy them. I don't always interact well with the smartest kids in class, often it's a student that approaches the work with enthusiasm or is determined to get it even if it doesn't come naturally that catches my attention. Perhaps the teacher sees an ally in you - are there students you could help engage that the teacher might otherwise not reach? Do a little more talking with him, it could be that he just thinks you're a great kid, and you might find him interesting as well.

Have a parent - teacher conference. The teacher is not always right, and the well being and security of the student should always be taken into consideration by any good teacher. If you are being the issue then you need to think about what you are doing and you make the change. There is always two sides to each story both need to be heard. So it is good idea that both parties communicate.

Have a parent, teacher, administrator conference.

• Sean

What is she doing?

What are you doing? If you are doing something that violates their rules, then stop doing that. If you are fighting back in public, verbally or not, stop doing that.

What do your parents say?

What grade is this?