What is the actual state of evolution of humankind? What should be more developed, what is still missing?

What can one do to further our evolution? Isn't it obvious that humankind is not in an very advanced state? There is no doubt possible when we look around and observe and experience what is going on on this planet and in our personal life. Is cruelty, suffering, manipulation all over, separation, hate, war and... show more What can one do to further our evolution? Isn't it obvious that humankind is not in an very advanced state? There is no doubt possible when we look around and observe and experience what is going on on this planet and in our personal life. Is cruelty, suffering, manipulation all over, separation, hate, war and all the other results of our 'way of life' a natural reality of our state of evolution? Shouldn't we do something about it? Who can give *creative* answers to these questions???
Update: I'm not a biologist and when I used the word 'evolution' then I didn't mean the 'change in the genetic material of a population of organisms' I simply mean our state of being as growing creatures.
Update 2: Then it might be that I'm in the wrong category with my question, but It seems that in 'Religion & Spirituality' people have their specific dogma, similar as in 'Anthropology' but I thought that a scientific and also a religious person might be just some one with a sense of human... Only when... show more Then it might be that I'm in the wrong category with my question, but
It seems that in 'Religion & Spirituality' people have their specific dogma, similar as in 'Anthropology' but I thought that a scientific and also a religious person might be just some one with a sense of human... Only when I ask my question in 'Philosophy' then there was hardly an answer, probably because there is no philosophical concept that fits to this kind of question...
Part of the answer might be, that humans are stuck in their concepts and they are so much identified with them that they have lost their real identity or with clinging on the fake, they are not able to grab something more real. How do you see it?
Update 3: OK, I made a mistake to use the word 'evolution', now you cling all on the scientific theory. So change the word 'evolution' against 'growth'. All alive beings are in a constant change, one might call it 'transformation', right? At least that's what I'm observing in nature... show more OK, I made a mistake to use the word 'evolution', now you cling all on the scientific theory. So change the word 'evolution' against 'growth'. All alive beings are in a constant change, one might call it 'transformation', right? At least that's what I'm observing in nature with plants and animals, so I guess this also happens with humans...