Alan J asked in SportsFantasy Sports · 1 decade ago

Which WR should I pick up? Not a great deal left...?

Ok I have 4 WR's atm in a standard scoring league where you start 3 each week. My WR's are Steve Smith (Panthers), Owens, Holmes and Earl Bennett.

The WR's left that seem moderately appealing are: Justin Gage, Austin Miles, Domenik Hixon, Laurent Robinson, Nate Washington, Jeremy Maclin, Mark Clayton and Malcolm Kelly... so which should I pick.

The other option is to add a 5th RB instead but that seems silly since you only start 2 and the 4 I have are LT, Steven Jackson, Willis McGahee and Cadillac Williams... although Bradshaw and Mendenhall are still left on the board.

I prefer the WR option though snce LT and Jackons will pretty uch start unless injured and I'll cross that bridge if it comes.

Cheers.

Favorite Answer

Kerry Collins cant throw the deep ball to Nate Washington, who is hurt, so forget him. Gage is good but not worth a pick up. Clayton...hurt!

Pick up Hixon. There is no clear cut #1 in NY yet. All of them are going to have a chance to become number one. But so you know, the Giants were in a trade last season for some players. Carolina wanted Hixon but the Giants would only part with Steve Smith. They refused to give up Hixon because of his talent.

hope this helps.

None of those players are worth thinking about at this point. They're either #2/3 WRs or they have bad QBs. The season hasn't started yet. Just keep an eye on them and pick one up off waivers if they look good.

Grab a running back and shop some of your bench RBs around to trade for a WR. Go for someone like Ted Ginn if you can.