Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsZoology · 1 decade ago

How many of you think greatly of wolves and not and why?

Tell me if you like wolves or not and could u tell me why?

Best Answer

I love wolves, they're one of my favourite animals (bet you'd never have guessed from my username and avatar!). They are beautiful, fascinating animals that, like so many other creatures, have been unfairly demonised - children grow up hearing stories about 'the big bad wolf', and many people continue to believe them to be vicious and dangerous all their lives. This negative image of the wolf could hardly be further from the truth. There is no record of a healthy wolf ever attacking a human - all reports of 'wolf attacks', when investigated, have proved to be attacks by feral dogs, wolf-dog hybrids, or rabid wolves. Wolves mate for life and are devoted to their families, working as a team to take on prey that can weigh ten times what a single wolf does, with the whole pack helping to raise the young and defend the territory. They feed and protect sick, injured or elderly pack members, and are known to mourn when a member of the pack dies. It's high time films and fairy-tales stopped portraying them as bloodthirsty villains - in this day and age, when so many species are teetering on the brink of extinction, it's vital that children learn the importance of all animals to the ecosystem, and to respect and protect them.

Wolves are intelligent animals. Many of the fairy tales that we have would not exist if not for wolves. For example, there would not have been Little Red Riding Hood or Three Little Pigs if wolves don't exist. Do we want to tell our children that the animals in those children's stories became extinct because of human stupidity?

wolves are amazing animals that play a huge role in the health and sustainability of the environments they live in. in north america wolves help keep the overall populations of deer, elk and caribou healthy by taking out the sick or weak individuals. in the northern rockies the populations of elk are healthier now because of the reintroduction of wolves to the area.

it is a real shame that people have such bad feeling towards wolves because of stories that make them out to be the villain; even though there has never been a report of a healthy wild wolf attacking a human in north america.

I love wolves because they are very amazing and loyal creatures. Theyre willing to sacrifice their life in order to keep the rest of the pack safe

I love, respect and fear wolves. They are all about survival but aren't going to let their pack down in order to survive. They understand the importance of cooperation and sticking together for TRUE survival. That's cool because you know for sure they would make awesome friends

I love wolves, because they are very fascinating creatures. And we have domesticated breeds as house pets, but still let generations run free to be wild and never go extinct.

i love wolves, cause they're really beautiful and you can see so much ... i don't know how to put that... i guess pride and wisdom and freedom. they're my favorite animals. and if there's such thing as reincarnation, i'd love to be the wolf in my second life :D.