who is your obsession?

bq - is there such a thing as a healthy obsession?

Favorite Answer

I use to have a health obsession....

thats healthy....

Source(s): ::clings to your leg:: GOD DAMMIT OHGS STAY MUTHERFUCKEN HERE!

In response to the first question. Mutually incompatable. The first is reality and the second illusion. The first in non attachment and the second is total attachment. The first is infinate and unlimited and the second is limited and finite. One is Truth and the second separates one from the Truth. Second question. No. Love is already successful. Why try to grasp it when the very intent to do so will separate you in your experience from the source of that Love. Love is many things on many levels and is entirely ungraspable in it's unlimited nature for the mind. It is the mind that tries to cluch and grasp and not the Heart. The mind cannot possess that which is it's very own creator, that which it already is. It can only manufacture a concept of that which it wishes to possess and fool itself into beleiving it has actually possessed the thing when it has only managed to possess an image of the thing which is an illusion. Think about someone who obsesses about money and spends their entire life hording and scheming and even cheating because their obsession has led them to believe that everyone is out to take their money. They push people and Love away at the same time and one day they wake up to realise they are dying and all they have spent their lives accumulating will turn to dust. They have traded Life itself which is real for a tiny aspect of Life which is not real. I think the more important question is why the need to obsess? Follow that thread to it's source. All things that seek to separate us from reality are fear based. What event or circumstances have led to this fear (ie abandonment or fear of abandonment) The obsession itself is a reaction or defence mechanism formed around the source. You will have to find the source in order to release the need to obsess. Obsession can lead to addictions among other things (transference) because they are the same in nature but differ only in form. If you don't get a weed by the root it will continue to come back stronger and evolve into difference forms.

• C Man

Since obsession is, by definition, in part, "...an unwanted feeling or emotion..." and is frequently "... accompanied by anxiety..." I think there is no "healthy" way to experience it; in much the same way that people mislabel other emotional traits we misuse this term also. It's normal and healthy to have strong desires and longing for another, especially during long periods of separation, but that's not obsession. It's love. Which is wayyyyy cool.....

Thomas Alan Waits

David Suchet

• Pete

No-one

and yes

my obsession is my hair

healthy obsession being healthy??

You're my obsession. So tell me, who do you want me to be to make you sleep with me????

a man called Noel

no

• Lv 6

Leather bags and boots.

trey songzzz<3

i loveee himmm [=

yeahh i guess