Where do u report possible e-mail scam?

I was sent something in spam saying it was Prvt. & Confidential - I think this person is trying to get money from people I'm not sure thou - who do I report it to? Look for yourself they said they can be contacted at Sgtlee007@aol.com /

6 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    You can report this message to the following groups:

    Internet Fraud Complaint Center: ifcc.tp@fbi.gov or http://ic3.gov/

    FraudAid Scam Reporting Email: scamreports@fraudaid.com

    Castle Cops: depositscam@coldrain.net

    Federal Trade Commission: spam@uce.gov

    Consumer Fraud Reporting: http://consumerfraudreporting.org/feedback.htm

  • 1 decade ago

    You can report it to a few places, first of which would be, abuse@aol.com, before you report you have to send a copy of the header with the email you are reporting. You can also report to:

    phishing-report@us-cert.gov and abuse@uce.gov

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    www.ic3.gov is where you can report internet crimes.

    Honestly though, it most likely that the email came from out of the country, and you goverment cannot do anything about it.

  • Lyn G
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

    forward to

    spam@yahoo.com or spoof@yahoo.com (when it involves a lot of money)

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

    www.ic3.gov its the internet crimes complaint center

    Source(s): www.ic3.gov
  • 1 decade ago

    I don't think you do.

    Just try your best to ignore it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.