Whole milk before 12 months old?

Yes, I know that most people say that giving whole milk to your baby before he is 12 months isn't healthy! One of my friends started giving both of her child whole milk at nine months. My little boy is about to turn nine months in a little over a week! I would really like to start mixing 1 ounce of whole milk... show more Yes, I know that most people say that giving whole milk to your baby before he is 12 months isn't healthy! One of my friends started giving both of her child whole milk at nine months. My little boy is about to turn nine months in a little over a week! I would really like to start mixing 1 ounce of whole milk with five ounces of formula. Then have him switched fully over to whole milk at 12 months. He is taking enfamli formula and hes doesn't have any probably taking any kind of food. He has had yogurt melts and popcorn cheese puff...Please help me out!
Update: btw, its not because my friend started her children on whole milk. i was wanting to see what other mothers was thinking! I'm not really in a hurry to change his milk! I really hadn't put much thought into it until about week ago! I'm just wondering if anyone else has...I know what the doctor's say... show more btw, its not because my friend started her children on whole milk. i was wanting to see what other mothers was thinking! I'm not really in a hurry to change his milk! I really hadn't put much thought into it until about week ago! I'm just wondering if anyone else has...I know what the doctor's say and so on. I don't need to know that. I need to know if any has tried it and if its worked or not worked! Thanks!