wife taken days off work but not informing her husband?

My wife takes days off work from time to time but does not tell me she is taken them off. I know because when i come home i can see she has not got dressed for work or sometimes i stop by her work and she is not there. She fills she does not have to tell me when she is taken a day off or what she did, may just say she did laundry. Is this right that your wife does not even have to say she is taken a day off work and if so can the husband do the same ? She has done this many times ...

Best Answer

I would wonder why she was regularly taking days off work and keeping it and what she did a secret. Yes you are entitled to do the same but I would be more worried about what she was doing and why she was being secretive....seems a little sus to me

That is very strange. You would think that she would just tell you that she is taking a couple of days off to veg out and do housework or to be alone. You are a partnership and for her to tell you that she doesn't need to inform you is weird. I can see if she doesn't think that she needs your permission, but permission and just basic information given to a spouse about their whereabouts is something completely different.

I would just tell her that it is not that you care if she needs a couple of days off now and then, but it would just be nice if you knew when so you didn't show up at her place of business looking like an idiot. Good luck with this one.

• SIX6UN

Uh-huh. She is playing you for a fool, Dude. How do you find out? Well, you could hire a private detective, too short on bucks? It would be cool if you could take a few days off too and then you could follow her in a friend's car—see. How about just ask her? Naw, would never work to ask her. If she is willing to do adultery, she would just lie, lie like a dog, Dude. Also, all her friends know, her mom knows, her boss too probably. They'd probably lie too, don'tcha think. Sure you don't wanna call a detective?

• Jodi C

Dan, it sounds like your wife doesn't know how to tell you what is wrong. Sounds like she may be depressed and needs help to discuss it with you / open up. There is something definatley eating at your wife and she is having difficulty coping. She is obviously not trying to hide it too much as you notice she hasn't even dressed for work. Support her mate, don't accuse until your sure of your facts.

• Dan H

Dude, sometimes it's nice to just have the house to yourself. If she tells you she's taking a day off you just indicated that you would take the day off too, which would ruin her alone time.

Marriage isn't always about the two of you together ALL the time.

Sometimes you just need to be by yourself.

Sounds like you have to work on your communication with your wife. It sounds like your wife is an independent woman and if her schedule is something that interests you then you should talk to her. Let her know that it bothers you and that you would like to know. As long as you dont have any control issues, then you should be able to work things out. I wouldn't recommend doing things on your end just to get back at her. If your schedule doesn't interest her, then perhaps vacation days aren't a big deal.

Basically, you need to talk to her.

I do the same thing, its a nice way of having some time to yourself around the house.

Of course I'm also paying off bills and stashing money away to get a divorce, maybe she is doing the same?

• x2000

I take days off and don't say anything because I don't my wife to make big plans, when I only wanted a rest and relaxation day. Typical scenario:

"I took tomorrow off"

"Oh?! What are we going to do?"

Maybe she just wants to have some quiet time for herself, that is understandable. If she were to tell you that she was taking the day off I bet you would call her throughout the day to find out was she was doing, right? What would be the sense in taking the day off if she couldnt relax for just one day? YOUR MAKING TOO MUCH OUT OF IT.

if u she taking the time off to just stay home , that's fine she assumed u will notice when u go home and she is there, but if she is taking some time off without telling u and she goes places then some thing is fishy.