What can I do about a lower back and upper thigh pain?

My lower left back has been hurting for a while but noting severe. Ever since yesterday i've been struggling to walk. Then my upper left thigh started to hurt to the point where it hurts to take a step or even bend my leg. I look like a girl when i walk and I have school tomorrow, what can i do to releive this pain?

9 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

    Sounds as if you have a problem with your walking gait. It happens. We have a injury say to our knee and it is painful, so what we do is not to put all the weight on that sore knee, thereby throwing the hips out of alignment along with the spine. Then we get used to walking like this and next we know the muscles in the lower back and thigh start to hurt and we end up in a vicious circle, imbalance and pain, correct posture and pain, misalignment and pain. So you need to see a Podiatrist and get your upright walking stance seen to. Best of Luck

    PS, did you know that too much walking can cause the muscles in our legs to tighten and that pulls the hips out of place, which then pulls the spine out of place.

  • 1 decade ago

    I agree. You may need to have an x-ray. Ieg pain can be associated with back pain. If the pain is in the back of your thigh then it is likely to be a lower lumbar problem at L4/5 or L5/S1. If the pain is in the front of your thight then it is likely a L1/2, L2/3 problem.

    You have several options. First take an anti-inflammatory like Aleve. Second, use an ice pack for 2 minutes at a time on your low back. take it off for 30 minutes and repeat several times. Next, stretch your hamstrings and quadriceps muscles very well.

    If this does not help, go to your family doctor or a chropractor and have an x-ray done. The chiropractor can treat your back pain and gets the best results according to both Harvard and Consumer reports. 59% hightly satisfied for chiropractic compared to 39% Primary care from the report.

  • Carol
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

    Better consult with a doctor or chiropractor. Chiropractic care can provide excellent relief for lower back pain. A qualified chiropractor can manipulate the disks in your spine, helping them to become re-aligned. This might just provide a long term cure for your back pain, without the need for medications. See your chiropractor to develop your treatment plan.

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    Hi i suggest you go and see a physiotherapist to see if your pelvis in out of alignment as this can cause lower back, buttock, thigh and whole leg pain. i have this problem and my physio is great. you can go and see your doctor to see what they say but if you have xrays and mri's that come back clear don't worry as like my pain specialist said the muscles in our body will not show up on these tests, so you can still have pain even if they can't see anything wrong.

    hope this helps and good luck

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

    I have the same problem.... My dr told me when you fell the pain in your leg that a sign that you have a pinched disc and it's pinching a nerve that goes to your leg.

    You might go in and have someone x ray it.

  • lisa
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

    any body who gets lower or upper back pain i suggest you go and see your gp and ask to get refered to the hospital. so you can have

    either x-rays or scans done to see what is wrong.

    i hope it is nothing too bad.

    good luck.

  • 1 decade ago

    I'm sorry to hear about your pain!!! Here are some tips to help relieve your back pain:


  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    sounds like sciatica caused by a pinched nerve

  • 1 decade ago

    There is a " Search for Questions "slot above. Use it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.