Who has a good Jumbolia recipe ?
I love the Jumbolia with polish sausage, but tell me some good Jumbolia recipes, I'm looking for some good ideas.
- Michaelfan58Lv 41 decade agoFavorite Answer
Louisiana Sausage Jambalaya Recipe #98137
Oh Boy, is this one good! It's a simple, but very authentic Louisiana jambalaya recipe given to me by a friend who grew up in New Orleans! Nice and spicy!
by Grace Lynn
1¼ hours | 20 min prep
* 1/2 cup butter
* 2 yellow onions, chopped
* 4 stalks celery, chopped
* 5 green onions, chopped
* 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
* 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
* 1 serrano chili pepper, finely chopped with seeds
* 2 bay leaves
* 1 tablespoon creole seasoning
* 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
* 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, crumbled
* 1 1/2 lbs andouille sausages or smoked sausage, sliced into 1/2 inch slices,then cut into quartered wedges
* 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
* 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
* 3 cups long-grain rice
1. Melt butter in large pot over medium-high heat.
2. Add the onions, green onions, bell pepper, garlic, serrano chile, bay leaves, Creole Seasoning, cayenne pepper and thyme.
3. Cover and cook until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes.
4. Add sausage, broth, tomatoes and rice.
5. Bring mixture to simmer.
6. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook until rice is very tender, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes to 45 minutes.
© 2009 Recipezaar. All Rights Reserved. http://www.recipezaar.comSource(s): Recipezaar.com and I've eaten this made exactly as directed. Good eatin'!!
- postres20022000Lv 71 decade ago
PAUL PRUDHOMME'S cookbooks are excellent, available at the library..Source(s): pro chef