Pikachu asked in SportsBaseball · 1 decade ago

Carlos Pena injured? How?

I just got home so don't go hating on me. What happen to Pena? I just heard he broke 2 fingers and is out for the season. How did he break 2 fingers? Please don't tell me another Yankee hit another batter....

how many people are we gonna hit before the season is over!

• Mr.B
    Favorite Answer

Extended his arms, realized it was inside, checked his swing and tried to pull his hands in, but got hit square on the fingers. Because he was swinging it was a strike and not a hit by pitch. He stayed up, but on the next pitch he couldn't control the bat and was in a lot of pain.

He then went into the tunnel and got very mad (completely understandable) and x-rays showed two broken fingers, he's done for the year. But so are the Rays, so it's not a huge loss for them.

He did a slight check-swing and the ball hit his hands.. here's a closer look at what happened http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090907&c...

It absolutely sucks.. I feel sad although I'm not even a Rays fan because Pena's a great guy and this will hurt them a lot and lessen their chances of even making it into the playoffs. I know if it were a guy on my own team I would be really devastated.

• Swung & hit the ball off his hands. A very messed up way to end the season.

What a way to go.

Remember the Phillies cather, Lieberthal, stepped out of a golf cart and was on the DL for a year.

Greg is right. He swung and got hit on the hands.

he swung and he hit the ball off his hands while cc was pitching.

out for year