Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

christians:What is more important to you;Helping Israel or helping America?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • kismet
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The U.S. and Israel are engaged in extensive strategic, political and military cooperation. This cooperation is broad and includes American aid, intelligence sharing and joint military exercises. American military aid to Israel comes in different forms, including grants, special project allocations and loans. Approximately 75% of this aid is spent in the United States, providing American jobs.

To address threats to security in the Middle East, including joint military exercises and readiness activities, cooperation in defense trade and access to maintenance facilities. The signing of the Memorandum of Understanding marked the beginning of close security cooperation and coordination between the American and Israeli governments. Comprehensive cooperation between Israel and the United States on security issues became official in 1981 when Israel's Defense Minister Ariel Sharon and American Secretary of Defense Casper Weinberger signed a Memorandum of Understanding that recognized "the common bonds of friendship between the United States and Israel and builds on the mutual security relationship that exists between the two nations." The memorandum called for several measures.

Israel was one of the first countries to cooperate with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security in developing initiatives to enhance homeland security. In this framework, there are many areas of partnership, including preparedness and protection of travel and trade. American and Israeli law enforcement officers and Homeland Security officials regularly meet in both countries to study counter-terrorism techniques and new ideas regarding intelligence gathering and threat prevention.

In December 2005, the United States and Israel signed an agreement to begin a joint effort to detect the smuggling of nuclear and other radioactive material by installing special equipment in Haifa, Israel's busiest seaport. This effort is part of a nonproliferation program of the U.S. Department of Energy's National Nuclear Security Administration that works with foreign partners to detect, deter, and interdict illicit trafficking in nuclear and other radioactive materials.

In April 1996, President Bill Clinton and Prime Minister Shimon Peres signed the U.S.-Israel Counter-terrorism Accord. The two countries agreed to further cooperation in information sharing, training, investigations, research and development and policymaking.

One facet of the U.S.-Israel strategic relationship is the joint development of the Arrow Anti-Ballistic Missile Program. Designed to intercept and destroy ballistic missiles, the Arrow is the most advanced missile defense system in the world. The development is funded by both Israel and the United States. The Arrow has also provided the U.S. the research and experience necessary to develop additional weapons systems.

The U.S. and Israel share an unparalleled strategic relationship. Since a landmark 1985 agreement established the two allies as strategic partners, military cooperation has expanded to include the development of cutting-edge weapons systems, sharing of real-time intelligence and joint training exercises.

The U.S. Army has thanked Israel for supplying it with armor for armored personnel carriers (APCs) in Iraq, the Israel21c website reported. The Israeli armor has saved "many lives," according to a letter sent by the Army to Rafael, the Israel Armament Development Authority. Israel expedited delivery of the armor to the United States to help protect American APCs from roadside bombs, which have killed more than 150 U.S. servicemen in Iraq.(March 2005)

Two US companies to jointly produce a revolutionary light-weight bomb capable of penetrating several meters of concrete. The bomb was developed in Israel. (14 Nov 2002)

-and the list goes on...

• ChrisP
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Why not do both.

However, it should be noted that the Antichrist is also going to start out by helping Israel, for he will make or confirm a covenant with them, probably one which allows them to rebuild their temple. It is only after 3 1/2 years pass that he suddenly sends his armies against them.

• 1 decade ago

Neither. The only government true Christians should be fighting for and dying for is God's Kingdom that is currently established in heaven but will be established on Earth once Jehovah God removes all earth governments.

Ps. 146:3, 4: “Do not put your trust in nobles, nor in the son of earthling man, to whom no salvation belongs. His spirit goes out, he goes back to his ground; in that day his thoughts do perish.”

Dan. 2:44: “The God of heaven will set up a kingdom [a government] that will never be brought to ruin. And the kingdom itself will not be passed on to any other people. It will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, and it itself will stand to times indefinite.”

Since America and Isael are a part of this world neither must be supported because Jesus said:

John 15:19: “You [Jesus’ followers] are no part of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.”

(John 18:36) Jesus answered: “My kingdom is no part of this world. If my kingdom were part of this world, my attendants would have fought that I should not be delivered up to the Jews. But, as it is, my kingdom is not from this source.”

In conclusion, neither government should be supported because:

1. Jesus is no part of it since he himself confirmed his kingdom is no part of this world.

2.We must not put trust in earthly rulers.

3. God is going to destroy those governments anyways.

Source(s): The Bible
  • 1 decade ago

Personally it is more important to me to help America because it is a mess right now and I live here.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Annie
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

I will not harm His people... But I will not be a part of what they are doing....... I leave His people to Him..... go in peace... God bless

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.