Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

How should a dining room table be set up when not in use?

We've got a "great room" kind of set-up, so the kitchen, dining room, and living room are all connected.

When I am not getting ready for dinner, what is the appropriate way the dining room table should be set up? Table cloth? Place mats? Full settings?

Thanks!

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

A runner on the table with a large vase of fresh flowers is very eye catching. In winter even a dried display is appealing. I would also suggest that you keep your table shaded from the sun if it is near a window, as this can cause a lot of havoc on most tables except glass.

• 1 decade ago

Either just bare, or with a tablecloth(not your best one) to protect it if people are likely to set things down on it outside of dinner time. Some people put a doily or something with maybe a candelabra in the centre, just for looks. That would be for a formal dining table. If this is the one you use every day, you can do anything you like up to and including setting the table ready for the next meal. I wouldn't do that if it's a formal table only used once a week or less. Stuff will get dusty and have to be cleaned again next time you use it.

• 1 decade ago

You should wee in the glasses then when people come to use them they will smell funny

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.