Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsTennis · 1 decade ago

Question about tennis ruling. May help if you watched the Pennetta v Zvonareva match yesterday?

I didn't undersatnd what happenend, so I'll try to explain the set of events:

Third set. 6-5 Pennetta. On Pennetta's serve, deuce #3. She serves, the rally starts, and then her shot ( Pennetta's ) is called out. She challenges it, she wins it. And then something happened that I didn't get:

Zvonareva starts reclaiming something to the Center Line Judge, she makes a slight tantrum. Then Pennetta, despite having won the challenge! starts arguing with the Judge, the Judge starts telling Pennetta: "it was my fault, my fault". So, they were both unhappy

( Zvo & Pen ) Then the TV narrator starts saying: "if this was a game in the park it would have been called in, but due to the new ruling..."

Ah, and if you watched the match, did you not enjoy Zvonareva's whining... lol, I thought she was going to slap someone...

Thank you.

I don't think they gave the point to Pennetta either, despite winning the challenge. It was as if they cancelled the point or something, I dunno.

Favorite Answer

If i remember correctly they talking about the Challenge system. Because if the challenge system wasn't in place that call would have stand and if they was playing at the park you on the other side of the net and your opponent would call it out not much you can do with that.

Vera Zvonareva is such a good player but the whining and mental break downs piss me off about her. She got the game to beat just about everyone but she crack to easy. She improve it some but not last night.

Not as much as all the little girl/boys love watching Nadal's @rse in the men's tennis. Perhaps not as much as this old bird used to enjoy watching Boris Becker, in men's tennis...Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. *breaks off to extract her teeth and finger nails from the desk.* I'm so sorry. I lost the plot for a moment there.

• Chorus

I'm not too sure who those people are I just wanted to let you know that one of my questions has 0 answers and if you just write anything in it I'll give you BA because I love you.

Source(s): give me BA
  • I have no clue, but I love Vera, and I was heartbroken when she lost it. When she went for her bathroom break, I thought she would hang herself :)