Since the Beetles will be in Rockband, will Michael Jackson's estate get a % since he owns the Beetles catalog?

Favorite Answer

Michael Jackson purchased Northern Songs Ltd. in 1985 - in which he recieved the publisher's royalties (while McCartney and Lennon's estate shared the other 50% songwriting royalities). This move gave him the rights of most of the Beatles' Northern songs - a couple of which he sold individually. However, in 1995 he merged the catalogue with Sony Music's publishing, retaining half of his prior ownership - bringing it down to just 25%. I'm not sure if he wrote the rest of the songs off to McCartney in the will or not - I haven't heard of that one before - but if he had kept it, then I would imagine his estate would recieve a small percentage of the royalties for the particular songs he still owned.

• I dont believe so, supposedly in Jackson's will, the rights of the songs he owned (which are also owned by Sony) are handed over to McCartney. I havent heard any updates, but I believe that the Jackson estate won't get anything from it.

I don't think so because I think he had to sell it because of some money problems. But im not sure if im right so don't take my word for it.

spell the "Beatles" right and i may take this question seriously

Source(s): The Beatles