Anonymous

Can blacks and whites get along?

Look:

I understand the history between us hence the relations between blacks and whites gives the outcome today as the way it is.

Why so much hate? I mean is it really skin tone that separates peace and harmony?

I am not trying to change anyone here. I just question the intentions of why some whites and blacks hate each other so much. Yes it's rather hurtful to see.

I know there will be trolls hounding my question, but I commend those who speak honestly and truthfully.

Everyone to me is as equal as the next person, and I do not discriminate in any way, shape or form. I love people of all races and just trying to dwell into some minds here as to the reasoning of what sets us apart.

Favorite Answer

They do, for most part, actually.

The reason ? In present times, religion is more of a separator than skin color.

Racism has taken on a new form with "Americans" becoming an ethnicity too.

So its really become Atheists, Christians, Muslims and others all going at each others' throats.

I know at the first read you'll be tempted to disagree. But think about it, the post 9/11 world really drew new battle lines.

The racism on y!a is really like a bit of overblown sibling rivalry. When its crunch time, its the non-white continents that they collectively hate.

Besides, backs don't hate whites. They want to be like them (look up colorism) . They are deeply racist towards the "others" meaning other races.

Wow ! what a politically incorrect answer !! But its the truth .

Source(s): Politically Incorrect Honesty

We are all born into this world a clean slate. Their after each Individual becomes a product of their environment. Our family and environment is where it all begins. Where it makes or breaks us as human beings in this society. If we're raised with negativity against other races then nine times out of ten it will fester to something powerful. Pure hatred (what a shame). It becomes ingrained and the very second someone of the opposite race say or do something to offend the individual IT REARS IT'S UGLY HEAD! Now the entire race have to suffer , be talked about, discriminated against,or hated. We have a great book of accurate knowledge available to all. it's available on cd,grail,dvd etc. It helps teach us to love, be humble, respectful, forgiving, compassionate, trust worthy, and faithful. I do believe that Whites and Blacks can get along its actually gotten much better than the 19s, 20's, 30's, 40's ok! lol (laugh out loud)years before. It's a life choice. No excuses anymore people.

Of course they can, but some people choose not to. They would rather be racist than look at another person as a human being. MLK Jr said

"I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal." that does not mean only if you are white or only if you are black, only if you have light skin or dark skin. People are people and need not be judged on the color of their skin, but the content of their character. I would love it if all people could think this way.

I kid around on here all the time, but the fact of the matter is I have been around black people for 30 years of my life because I rebelled against my racist father. I brought my kids up, now 32 an 35 to see people for who they are and not their color. I married a black man 11 years ago and my sons just love him. My kids now have kids who absolutely love their papa and don't see anything different because he is black. If more people could do the same, it might have a chance of changing but, sad to say, I do not think it is going to happen. I'm sure my grandkids will be ridiculed because they have a black papa.

Black or White...people are either gonna be ready to put down their walls/ emotional barriers and let the other person in, or they're not. This can even be seen among people within the same race.

We all gotta drop the past and start over. EVERYONE, DROP THE EGOS, ok? It's actually a really SIMPLE choice. We make it hard only if we wish to.

I get along with some black people (I don't get along with many people :)). As to why people hate people of certain groups so much, good question.

Maybe people hate other groups of people to feel like they have a place. Hate does seem to be a great way to unite people. People project all their hate outside their own group, and tend to get along with each other.

I think strongly racist people are in a minority in the US now. I'd say only about 1/3 of people I know are racist, and only few actually "hate." I live in rural US, so things may be different in cities.

Oh, and to answer your question. I think blacks and whites are getting along extraordinarily well, considering the past. I can't think of a single crime that has happened in my area that could be considered a "hate crime."

Yeah we all should get along.

Blacks and whites are each the end of a beautiful color spectrum. Maybe sometimes you hear about discrimination among them because that one person feels insecure. Its all because of stereotypes and stuff. Every race has its goods and bads. But we are beautiful. We were made by the same Creator. Where in the middle I stand as a Hispanic.

You know i think that so many people are always thinking about being proud of their race and stuff like that and i'm with you i got friends of many different races. Even though it is changing because i've seen white guys telling black guys a black joke so i think the racial tension is winding down.

A lot of people are afraid of strangers, especially with different skin, customs and religion. It is simply amazing how a short conversation with a stranger like that can open up ones eyes. Beauty is what is inside of a person, not the exterior. All one has to do is to take the time to get to know them, to realize that they are much like everyone else.

In California there is an emphasis in diversity and there are riots, n schools jails and prisons and sometimes the streets.

In Texas there is the law. If you hurt someone you will be punished.

A diverse population in a democracy, needs a hard criminal justice system, then we can all get along