How does on seek God and his kingdom?

I mean One not on

The question should read

"How does on seek God and his kingdom?"

Update:

I always wondered about it?

Do I have the right to even ask God this?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

One seeks "God and His kingdom" through learning as much as they can about the person and character of Jesus Christ. You can only do that by reading the word of God and studying to show yourself approved. 2 Timothy 2:15 says to "Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth". The main explanation of the troubles and difficulties which most Christians experience in their lives is due to a lack of knowledge about God. We need to study the revelation that God has given of himself and of his character.

Next would be building on your faith. The more you know God, the more you will trust Him. Romans 10:17 tells us: "So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God". Then seeking after God's righteousness, and conformity to God's will. “Righteousness” means to be in right-relationship with God. To be in right-relationship with God, one must strive to be obedient to God. The New Testament clearly instructs us in how to be in right-relationship with God. It tells us what is pleasing to God, and what is not pleasing.

Another thing to consider is our personal achievements. Many people believe in their own works; that it is their skill, education, or experience which will see them through. They store up wealth, make an empire, or build an inheritance for their children. But Gods word says: “Seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you” (Matthew 6:33). The admonition to “seek first His kingdom” is given by Jesus as a contrast to worrying about material things. It seems logical to assume that, if we're going to spend eternity with Christ we should be more concerned about the treasures we have laid up in heaven, rather than the material possessions we have gathered on earth. Treasures like leading people to Christ and sharing the gospel.

And lastly consider your prayer life. In order to hear from God and to pull down strongholds is to pray daily. 2 Corinthians 10:4-5 tells us, "The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ." The Bible urges us, "And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints" (Ephesians 6:18). If you need an example of a prayer, read Matthew 6:9-13.

Hope that Helps!

• 1 decade ago

Before one would know if he was seeking the true God and his kingdom, you would have to identify or define the true God and his kingdom.

For many in the world, the kingdom can be "the church", "the body of believers", "being a Christian", or a "member of a church", or a "fuzzy feeling of God's acceptance in your heart". And probably other definitions floating out around there.

So for a person to successfully do either of these, he would have to investigate the Bible, and find how the Bible defines God and kingdom of God. Then he can begin his search in a meaningful manner.

If you seek the truth of a matter, this means you gather the facts, see how the facts fit together, see what makes sense, see the meaning of those facts, and relate the usefulness of the truth of a matter to your own lifestyle or beliefs.

And the same goes for seeking God and his kingdom. Start with the facts which are located in the Bible. Do a systematic search or examination of Biblical references.

Actually God says we should draw close to him, and in turn, he will draw close to us.

If you are asking to seek a position in the kingdom of God, what did Jesus say to his two disciples who asked that type of question? It was not for him to make that determination. And we today do not ask that same question.

But forgive me if that is not where your question is going.

Seeking knowledge is one thing. Seeking position is another. Jehovah places us where HE CHOOSES.

Humility would keep us from expecting otherwise.

Source(s): One of Jehovah's Witnesses
  • samas
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

It seems like you've a few unsuitable assumptions approximately JWs ideals. To them the Kingdom extends to earth. Earth is solely an additional territory of the Kingdom. despite the fact that the Bible was once handiest written to the annointed, nonetheless, even different sheep are participants of the Kingdom. In reality they're simply as a lot a facet of the dominion because the annointed considering the fact that with out the opposite sheep the annointed might have no person to rule over. Also, the dominion was once well-nigh created FOR the opposite sheep. If it were not for his or her lifestyles thre might be no use for the complete association. I'm curious if I gets thumbs down in this one as I am now not announcing whatever terrible approximately jWs in any respect. I consider this facet in their doctrine makes superb experience. I am now not making amusing in any respect.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If you really want to seek God first. Get off the internet - you can answer emails etc. But for the most part quit wasting your time and start praying and forming a relationship with Him. Read the word. Contemplate what you read. Write about it also. Let God guide you.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

First you must be acquainted with the Lord. There are a multitude of seminars and Bible studies available at Catholic parishes. You then can start reading the Bible to help you realize that God is available to everybody, and His kingdom is available at no charge, thanks to the ultimate sacrifice of His Son. Start with the New Testament, Matthew, Mark, John or Luke.

Look for a good Catholic priest (word of mouth does wonders), and ask him your questions in order to help you along. Most of all try to learn that the Lord does not take bribes or plays politics. He simply loves what is in your heart, and will welcome you with his arms wide open, just like on the cross. May God bless.

• Bob T
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

You absolutely have that right and privilege. God wants you to want to get to know Him. That is the simple definition of seeking His kingdom, getting to know Him. Get in a church that teaches the Bible clearly, get into a Bible-reading plan (the book of John is a good place to start), and get connected with Christian friends.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

God needs to be invited into your heart. Just ask Him, confess your sins and believe Jesus is the Son of God who died for your sins so you can have a free gift of salvation and eternal life. You have a right to ask this.

Then you will have the "holy spirit" enter your heart. I recommend going to church and having fellowship with other Christians once you decide, so you can grow in the knowledge God left behind in the Bible.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

First you have to set aside everything you've heard people say about it. Then you have to refuse to confuse the actions of the believers with the nature of God and His kingdom. Just a first step.

• 1 decade ago

God desire is to Communicate, give Him your pleas, desires, accusations so He can reveal where your error is. He will show you whatever you ask. The way to capture His ear is to believe in His commandments.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.