Ray Rice (k.c), Thomas Jones(Hou.) or Fred Jackson(new eng.)?

My other starter is Pierre Thomas (lions). I know its still a week away but i need to pick 1 of the three. My gut is saying Rice

• Ryan82
    Favorite Answer

It's always good to go with your gut, but it's a toss up between the 3.

I like Ray as a starter, especially against KC, but he is got to split carries with 2 other RB's so trusting him this early on could be a bit of a gamble. I would love to see how they are working him in to the system before I counted on him to much.

Thomas Jones is a stud, but Leon Washington is on fire and will split with him as well. Plus Houston is not a great defensive unit. There is a TON of upside with a start here.

Right now I like the idea of Jackson, he is a lone RB in the backfield, with an offense that is semi-struggling and under new management. Which means plenty of carries for Jackson. Plus Buffalo just released Rhodes, so he is the go to guy for the next 3 weeks while Lynch sits on the bench. I wouldn't be surprised if he has the best number just out of sheer number of attempts and carries.

There are great things to be said about all the choices, but I would go with Jackson first, Jones, second and Rice third if it were my team.

Good luck!