US Open: Who Will Win (Day 8 Action)?

So, as I recover from Vera's BRUTAL loss...:

Men:

Federer vs that damn Robredo (REVENGE)

Djokovic vs Stepanek

Davydenko vs Soderling

Isner vs Verdasco

Women:

Oudin vs Petrova

Wickmayer vs Kvitova

Kuznetsova vs Wozniacki (Match Of The Day!!)

K. Bondarenko vs Dulko

Okay, list who you think will win, and what your projected score is..

--Side Thought--

..Most pathetic Arthur Ashe match award goes to..Dulko/Bondarenko!

djokerfan: love the question, and imo, I (and this will come as a surprise) don't think Stepanek looks that bad. I mean give the lil dude a break, he's okay. Here's one exceptionally good photo:

http://ontennis.com/files/image/atp-stars-profile/...

..So obviously I say the ratty rat rat Murray! And it is a shame when your favorite plays someone elses on Y!A favorite, hehe. It hasn't happened that much with me though, I mean other than Sveta/Serena, and Elena/Serena. But now here's Woz/Sveta. And for men, I don't have to worry, because I can always count on James losing in the first round :)

And mexicanhatdancer, lol Nadia does look like an ogre. Her and DelPo would look great together, hehe.

Favorite Answer

Oh my god I think I died a little on the inside after Vera lost that 2nd set tiebreak and was crying and then even more so after she got heartlessly bageled by that harpie in the 3rd set...

Men:

Federer vs Robredo - I'm going to have to pick Federer in 3 for this one although for some weird reason I am kind of upset that Robredo beat Blake in the last round...

Djokovic vs Stepanek - HOPEFULLY Djoko in 4 (well hopefully in 3 but it isn't going to happen) vs. Stepanek, and here is a reverse question: Who has more of a rat face, Stepanek or Murray?

Davydenko vs Soderling - I think that Soderling's heavy hitting will prevail over little Davydenko in 4 sets

Isner vs Verdasco - Uh oh! I definitely want this match to go to 5 sets to wear them out even more for when they (hopefully) play Djoko in the quarterfinals, and I guess I'll cheer for Hairdasco since he's one of my favorite players plus I'm not a huge fan of Isner, so Verdasco in 5.

Women:

Oudin vs Petrova - Oh I can't wait for this one! Melanie has been the underdog until now where many think she can pull it off against Nadia, but let's not forget that Nadia is still a very formidable player capable of overpowering our wonderful Melanie, but I still think Melanie has what it takes to pull off yet another Russian upset in 3 sets...

Wickmayer vs Kvitova - Wickmayer in 2 sets?

Kuznetsova vs Wozniacki - I always hate it when one of my favorite players have to go up against my Y!A friends favorite players and even though Svetlana appears to be playing pretty well so far this week I'm still going to have to be a true fan and say Caroline in 3 sets.

K. Bondarenko vs Dulko - Oh my gosh, is this seriously on Arthur Ashe stadium? It is pretty pathetic that one of these women stand a great chance of making it to the semifinals here....and I'm not really sure who is playing better here so I'll say Bondarenko in 3 sets.

Lol @ MHD and Ana, Ana I still agree that Stepanek looks creepy and MHD, I think Fiona is a better name for Nadia from now on. And OMG thank goodness that I chose Bondarenko cause Dulko SUCKS!!! You definitely picked the most pathetic match (possibly of the entire tournament...)

Oh my gosh! I got all of them!

Federer vs Robredo:

I think that Federer has the skills to out play Robredo. After seeing Federer play Hewitt he seemed a bit slow. I think it may take four sets again because Robredo is doing well.

Federer 6-3 6-7 6-4 6-1

Djokovic vs Stepanek:

Djokovic seems like the better player in this match. Even though Djokovic seems a little bit sluggish he can beat Stepanke. Jesse Witten was playing better than Stepanek, so it will be easier for Djokovic to beat Stepanek.

Djokovic 6-4 7-6 7-5

Davydenko vs Soderling:

Davydenko has plummetted in the rankings, while Soderling has risen. Soderling serves are blasting aces and his forehand seems to be working well. In addition he made an upset by beating Sam Querry who many people thought had a chance at the open. Davydenko is playing okay but does not seem as sharp as Soderling.

Soderling 6-2 6-4 6-3

Isner vs Verdasco:

Isner is playing very well, especially in the match against Roddick. Verdasco is playing okay. I think that this will be isner's breakthrough. His serve seems to be very strong, and I see an improvement in other parts of his game too.

Isner 7-6 6-4 6-3

Women:

Oudin vs Petrova: Oudin is having a breakthrough summer beating Dementieva and Sharapova. Though I dont give her all the credit in the Sharapova match. If Oudin continues to play strong and believe in her self Oudin can win it.

Oudin 7-6 3-6 6-3

Wickmayer vs Kvitova:

Between these two players I think Wickmayer will win. Kvitova almost lost against SAFINA!! It shows that Kvitova is not up to the current game level of most players.

Wickmayer 6-2 6-4

Kuznetsova vs Wozniacki:

I too am really looking forward to this match. Wozniacki is playing really well so far. She is beagling and breadsticking her opponents. Kuznetsova is playing well too but not as sharp as Caroline. I hope that Kuznetsova mangaes to take a set away.

Wozniacki 6-4 5-7 6-3

Bondarenko vs Dulko:

I think that Dulko will win this match. At this years Australian open, she gave Serena a scare. Also at Wimbledon she knocked off Sharapova. In addition Dulko has a lot of expirience and handling a player like Bonderanko wont be a problem.

Dullko 6-4 7-5

--Side Thought--

Most pathetic match of the day goes to Wickmayer and Kvitova!

Federer, 6-3 6-4 7-5

Djokovic, 2-6 6-4 6-2 6-3

Davydenko, 6-3 6-3 1-6 7-5

Verdasco, 7-5 6-3 2-6 4-6 7-6

Oudin, 6-2 2-6 6-4

Kvitova, 7-6 6-1

Wozniacki, 4-6 7-6 7-5

Bondarenko, 6-2 6-3

Men:

Federer in 3 6-1, 6-3, 6-2

Djokovic in 4 6-4, 6-7, 7-5, 6-3

Davydenko in 4 4-6, 6-4, 7-6, 7-5

Verdasco in 5 6-3, 6-7, 6-4, 5-7, 6-2

Women:

Oudin in 3 7-5, 3-6, 7-6

Kvitova in 3 6-2, 5-7, 6-4

Kuznetsova in 2 6-4, 7-5

Bondarenko in 2 6-1, 6-2

Men:

Federer vs Robredo, Federer in 3, 6-3, 7-5, 6-1

Djokovic vs Stepanek, Djokovic in 3, 6-3, 7-6, 6-2

Davydenko vs Soderling, I really hope Davy wins! In 4, 7-6, 3-6, 7-5, 6-4. Davy is actually the underdog in terms of betting odds, which I find weird.

Isner vs Verdasco, And I do hope that Isner wins this one too, but I can't bet on it, Verdasco in 4, 6-4, 6-7, 7-6, 6-3.

Women:

Oudin vs Petrova, OUDIN! in 3, 4-6 6-3, 7-5

Wickmayer vs Kvitova, Kvitova in 2, 6-4, 7-6

Kuznetsova vs Wozniacki (Match Of The Day!!), Wozy in 2, 6-4, 6-2

K. Bondarenko vs Dulko, Dulko in 3, 6-3, 4-6, 6-4 (Edit: Worst choice I've ever made. Hurray! Dulko sucked.)

My winners will be:

Fed 6-4 7-5 6-4

Novak 6-3 6-3 6-4

Soderling 7-6 3-6 4-6 6-3 7-5

Verdas d spaniard 7-6 6-4 3-6 6-4

Oudin 3-6 6-4 7-5

Kvit 6-4 6-4

Kuznet 6-2 5-7 6-4

Bonda 7-5 6-4

ok but d russians n socialist players looks gorgeous

Men:

Federer in 3

Djokovic in 3

Soderling in 4

Verdasco in 4 (but I want Isner to win!)

Women:

Oudin in 3

Wickmayer in 2

Wozniacki in 3

Dulko in 2

Men:

(lol)Federer over Robredo 6-2 6-4 6-4

Djokovic over Stepanek 7-5 6-3 4-6 6-4

Davydenko over Soderling (REVENGE! LOL) 7-6 4-6 6-4 3-6 6-4

Verdasco over Isner 6-4 5-7 3-6 6-4 6-4

Women:

Oudin over Shrek (lol thats her new nickname!) 7-6 6-2

Kvitova over Wickmayer 3-6 6-4 6-1

Wozniacki over Kuznetsova 7-6 6-7 6-3

Dulko over Bondarenko 7-5 6-4

***-lol J what happened to Vera? She imploded against Flavia!

Federer in 4. Robredo has been playing well,and as what you said...REVENGE. But Darth Federer will still prevail. 6-2,3-6,6-3,6-4

Djokovic in 4. Stepanek is an experienced player,he knows what he is doing,but Djokovic will still be a little too strong for him. 7-6,6-3,2-6,6-4

Davydenko in 4. Soderling isn't an easy opponent by any means,but Davy has been playing so well that you have to hand it to him. 6-7,7-6,6-4,7-5

Verdasco in 4. Getting a little personal here,because Isner defeated Roddick whom I hoped to see in the semis at least! >:( So Verdasco,crush that big-serving American please :) Verdasco has a great technique,although Isner played well but Verdasco will play better. 7-6,6-7,6-3,7-5

Oudin in 3. Though Petrova has a dangerous serve,but after those phenomenal victories over Dementieva and Sharapova,I don't think Oudin basically fears anyone else besides Serena and Clijsters anymore. 5-7,6-2,6-3

Wickmayer in 3. Its all about who plays more offensively. I'll give it to the Belgian because Kvitova knocked out Dinara zzzzzz.....6-4,6-7,6-3

Kuznetsova in 3. Hard fought 3 set. Woz hasn't dropped a single set

until now,she'll be dangerous. But since Woz tends to choke when it starts to get deep into the tourney.....Kuzzy in 6-4,4-6,7-6

Dulko in 3. No idea why,probably because she demolished the other Bondarenko sister. 6-3,3-6,7-5

Se

And yes. I would never imagine Dulko/Bondarenko on Arthur Ashe...really...just goes to show how unpredictable and unstable the top ten women tennis players are. Now how many top ten players will be left in the Round of 16? Serena,Pennetta,Kuznetsova/Wozniacki....and that's it?! Pathetic. :l

• anna

Federer vs Robredo - fed in 3, he already lost a set.-

Djokovic vs Stepanek - djoko in 4.-

Davydenko vs Soderling - mmm davy in 4? it can go either way... .-

Isner vs Verdasco - verdasco in 3!!! i used to like that tall kid haha, i still like isner but andy was supposed to be there :(

Women:

Oudin vs Petrova - oudin in 3, how many upsets can she cause in one tournament, lol?

Wickmayer vs Kvitova - i don't care, wickmayer in 3.-

Kuznetsova vs Wozniacki - kutsy in 3, it can go either way tho.-

K. Bondarenko vs Dulko - gisela in 2, she already beat the other bondarenko sister in 2 sets and i'm rooting for her to be in the semis.-

lol djokerfan, stepanek doesn't look like a rat, there's no animal that looks that bad, he's uglier than anything else on nature haha.-