Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicCelebrities · 1 decade ago

What is REAL music!!!!!!!?

Seriously...when people ask questions about music such as Jonas Brothers, Miley Cyrus, Justin Bieber, etc. People tell them to go listen to real music. So, your saying that something with rhythym, and lyrics and has everything 'REAL' music has, isn't real music?

Please, explain. Am I missing something? Just because something from Disney, or just because it comes from a teenager doesn't mean its not real music.

Joe Jonas's Sex Slave,

Learn to spell.

Aha. I don't really listen to Disney music, and if I do its usually just Demi Lovato. I wasn't asking for me, it just seems that everytime someone asks a question about them thats what people say..

Favorite Answer

Maybe it's just because I'm older, but I really felt it began to suck in the late 1980s with all the production line music - all about making money and calculated media campaigns. I don't know what a lot of these guys would have done without their studio produced effects and their big budget videos. And hardly anybody's voices seemed to sound real. There was a swing back the other way for awhile with grunge but a lot of them were just poseurs who liked to think they were cool and punk, they didn't have the real spirit of punk.

The best period for me was the 1970s. Though there are a few emerging artists today who I think are allright... now and then.

Somebody asked the other day, if Mick Jagger auditioned for American Idol today would he have made it through? Probably not. And AI is all a lot of hype anyway. In the old days people honed their craft through live performance and being in front of real audiences. Not the same route many seem to take today.

All people who make music for Disney don't make "real" music. "Real" music is the type of music that people of all ages can listen to and enjoy. Disney stars and boys who haven't gone through puberty make music directed mainly toward young girls aged 14 and under.

I like Justin Bieber as a musician but nobody will take him seriously until he can sing after his voice changes. Right now, Justin is just the new "heart throb" but people will get over him once a new boy comes out from the shadows. And nearly all hip hop/rap isn't real music.

Michael Jackson make songs that people aged 0-105 can enjoy, thus he makes real music.

Demi Lovato and Miley Cyrus make music that only people aged 0-14 enjoy, thus it is not real music.

Kids (everyone 20 and under) don't make real music. Adults who have experience in life make real music.

Real Music consists of notes and a rhythm. "Disney" music, (even though I'm not personally a fan) fits that bill. So does hip hop. So does dance. So does metal. So does classical. So does pop.

Never let someone else feel bad for listening to something. Someone can be as talentless and annoying as ever but if it's music then, well, it's music.

Personally I've always found rock snobs to be far far more annoying then they make out Hannah Montana fans to be (I know a couple and their the nicest people in the year, haha).

Try 80's bands: Journey, Foreigner, Bon Jovi, Bob Seger, Heart, Loverboy, Eddie Money, Van Halen, Scorpions, The J. Geils band, Boston, Guns N Roses, STYX, Billy Squire, RATT- Round and round, Twisted Sister has a few good songs like We're not gonna take it and I wanna rock, and older bands like The Beatles and the Rolling Stones, AC/DC, Led Zeppelin, Elvis, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Elton John, Billy Joel

They're not exactly saying that it's not "real" music,because all music is real,What they're saying is,stuff like The Jonas Brothers isn't good at all and it's annoying when people say it's the best because it's definitely not.Personally,I think it sucks.

edit:I agree with Jasmin The Michael Jackson fan.

Well what I mean when I say that anyway is that these people form Disney and all the people you mention above is that they can not really sing and don't' write their own songs and that the only reason they sound half decent is because of autotune.We mean they are just product form Disney with no talent.When we say go listen to real music we mean go listen to people who write their own songs and who can really sing and who don't' relay on autotune heavily such as Michael Jackson and Christina Aguilera hope this makes sense.

Well, I don't think they mean 'Real music' as in literally. But I guess it's term some would use to describe THEIR favourite type of music. Maybe to some people, The Jonas Brothers and Miley Cyrus are 'real music'.....................

Maybe.

Edit: I happen to agree with 'MJsWife', but yaknow. To me, 'real music' would be The Beatles, MJ, Stevie Wonder, Bruce Springsteen, Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan, The Who, Led Zep, etc., I also like John Mayer, Ron Pope, etc., it's matter of opinion. Listen to whatever floats your boat and don't be swayed by others. If you like Disney, well then, fine, it's up to you.

• judge

Kill Whitney dead Darkest Hour Atheist Suffocation demise Fetus Deaden Disgorge (Mexico) Lust of Decay Rot gut Acid Witch Exhumed Hemdale final Days of Humanity F**good enough Im dead Goretrade Impaled Kill The purchaser These bands i appreciate plenty and its instead sick steel. In the occasion you can't comprehend what there announcing then that to me is truly metal. You don't seem to be think to recognize the lyrics. This is the rationale they make a slipcover in order that you could be in a position to learn the lyrics. I be all ears to the truly heavy stuff.

people just say that because Pop music isnt exactly the most popular type of muisc these days. like Miley Cyrus and Jonas Brothers are kinda overrated and over used media fads so it gets annoying and they have worn out their welcome. everything is real music, it just depends on what taste you like. not everyone will like the same stuff as you so when they hear somethign they dont like they just disregard it as an insult to their liking in muisc. dont be offended by it. it just means your an individual.

comments like this are mostly made by people who believe strongly in their taste of music. Every music is REAL music. If you love the music you listen to I don't matters what other people think of.