Why did Muhammad confuse Mary, Jesus' mom, with Miriam,Moses's sister?

In Sura 19:28, Mary, the mother of Jesus, is said to be the sister of Aaron and Moses and the daughter of Amram (Sura 66:12). However, Jesus was not born for another 1400 years after Moses! It is clear that Muhammad confused Miriam, the sister of Moses, with Mary the mother of Jesus and wife of Joseph. ... show more In Sura 19:28, Mary, the mother of Jesus, is said to be the sister of Aaron and Moses and the daughter of Amram (Sura 66:12). However, Jesus was not born for another 1400 years after Moses! It is clear that Muhammad confused Miriam, the sister of Moses, with Mary the mother of Jesus and wife of Joseph.

Muslims try to counter this argument by saying that because Mary was the cousin of Elizabeth (the mother of John the Baptist) and Elizabeth was descendant of Aaron, then Mary could also be called the “daughter” of Amram in an extended fashion. However, there are a number of problems with this argument. First, Mary was more associated with the tribe of Judah than that of Levi, and this is the reason that Jesus is called the son of David (Luke 1:32) and was not of priestly descent (Hebrews 7:11-14). This means that it is more likely that Elizabeth’s father, the Levite priest, married the sister of either of Mary’s parents which would mean that Mary would not have any of the Levite blood in her that her cousin Elizabeth had. Even if this is not so, then Mary would still not have been called the daughter of Aaron in any extended sense since she was more related to the descendants of Judah.

The second and most obvious problem with this argument is from the Koran itself! In Sura 3:35-36 we read:

“(Remember) when the wife of ‘Imran said: My Lord! I have vowed unto Thee that which is in my belly as a consecrated (offering). Accept it from me. Lo! Thou, only Thou, art the Hearer, the Knower! And when she was delivered she said: My Lord! Lo! I am delivered of a female – Allah knew best of what she was delivered – the male is not as the female; and lo! I have named her Mary, and lo! I crave Thy protection for her and for her offspring from Satan the outcast.”

-Sura 3:35-36

So why did Muhammad confuse Jesus mother Mary, with Moses sister Miriam when he decided to start a new religion & declare himself a Prophet?
Update: @Nomad Think Tank: Unfortunately it does!
Here:
19:27 Then she brought him to her own folk, carrying him. They said: O Mary! Thou hast come with an amazing thing.
19:28 O sister of Aaron! Thy father was not a wicked man nor was thy mother a harlot.

I repeat: O sister of Aaron.
Update 2: @The Nomad Think Tank: People were called brothers & sisters even from the link you gave if THEY CAME FROM THE SAME GENERATION! And a woman could be called daughter if she belonged to that tribe! How could Mary be sister even in a symbolic sense in a different generation, 1400 years later? Also, why did... show more @The Nomad Think Tank: People were called brothers & sisters even from the link you gave if THEY CAME FROM THE SAME GENERATION!

And a woman could be called daughter if she belonged to that tribe!

How could Mary be sister even in a symbolic sense in a different generation, 1400 years later?

Also, why did Aaron's mom say that her daughter's name s Mary?