Ashley T asked in HealthMental Health · 1 decade ago

How Do You Find Out If You Have Aniexty,Depression,Bi-Polar Disorder?

im pretty sure i have aniexty and depression but i was told by someone they believe im bi-polar cause they have it im just wondering what kind of test they do to find out this stuff and how do i go about getting help for it do i tell my family doctor?

5 Answers

  • Pam
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

    Right now "bipolar disorder" is the popular diagnosis among teens. Everyone thinks they have it.

    If you feel you have depression and anxiety, tell your family doctor. He/she will refer you to a psychiatrist, who can get your personal history and talk with you. He/she may also ask about family history, such as whether there is : suicide, depression, bipolar disorder, anxiety, thyroid problems, alcoholism, substance abuse, multiple divorces, reclusive or "eccentric" behaviors, phobias, delusions, psychosis, violence, criminal behavior, anger problems, etc. In addition, he/she may have you take a test called the Beck's Depression Inventory or the Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory (MMPI). You may not get a diagnosis at the first visit.

    BTW, there are 4 kinds of bipolar disorder, and they are complicated. I doubt your friend has enough education on the subject to "diagnose" you.

    If you are a teen, be aware that a certain amount of anxiety and the blues goes with the territory.

    Here's hoping you have normal teen angst and not actual mental illness!!

  • 1 decade ago

    You can check for symptoms at the link , listed down below.

    Voiceless Podium. An online community. It’s for people suffering from AND also it is open to friends, family members and loved ones of those suffering from general anxiety, shyness, panic attacks, OCD, agoraphobia, depression, social anxiety, self injury habits, schizophrenia, eating and body image disorders, borderline personality disorder , post traumatic stress disorder, multiple personality disorder and other mental health issues.

    There are millions of people suffering silently from these invisible torments.

    We are here to provide a safe, family-like community where nobody is judged, ridiculed, or treated badly. Our aim is to provide a place where you can open up without feeling ashamed or embarrassed, or like you have to keep everything bottled up

    Operating mainly through our Forums, we serve as a support and information service to everyone in the area who are limited by these obstacles. A place where you can speak your mind, share your opinions, thoughts and personal experiences with one another.

    Not only for sufferers of these problems but for supporters such as loved ones, friends and family members.

    On the web, you can find us here and follow the links to the Forums!


    Hope to see you there !

  • Joe S
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

    Well, if youhave a family Doctor you have insurance. A doctor will assess you. Just call the hospital and ask for the mental health area. American Government loves to drug us. Why, I'm on Lexepro myself.

  • 1 decade ago

    You have to see a doctor. Start with a family doctor and they may refer you to a shrink/psychiatrist.

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    This is a really great site =)

    It not only tells you whether or not you are but what kind of disorder symptoms you have.

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    Try Quizzes.

    Treatments: see and pages B, C, & I.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.