Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureHolidaysRamadan · 1 decade ago

Muslims only: Is it true that Buddha is also one of the 100,000+ minor prophets of God in the Quran?? :-/?

Hey there guys & gals (who are Muslims).

Is it true that Buddha is also one of the 100,000+ minor prophets of God in the Quran?? :-/

Please answer.

Thanks.

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Best Answer

1. As far as his name is not mentioned in Quran nor Hadith, I can't be sure.

2. But Quran says,

10:47 And: "And We certainly sent into every nation a messenger

16:36 And indeed, within every community have We raised up an apostle [entrusted with this message]: "Worship God, and shun the powers of evil!"

35:24 for there never was any community but a warner has [lived and] passed away in its midst

So, he could be a prophet.

• Fatima
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

The mid-twentieth century scholar, Hamid Abdul Qadir, in his Buddha the Great: His Life and Philosophy (Arabic: Budha al-Akbar Hayatoh wa Falsaftoh), postulates that the Prophet Dhu’l-Kifl, meaning “the one from Kifl,” mentioned twice in the Quran (21.85 and 38.48) as patient and good, refers to Shakyamuni Buddha. Although most scholars identify Dhu'l-Kifl with the Prophet Ezekiel, Qadir explains that “Kifl” is the Arabicized form of Kapila, short for Kapilavastu. He also proposes that the Qur’anic mention of the fig tree (95.1-5) refers to Buddha as well, since he attained to enlightenment at the foot of one. Some scholars accept this theory and, as support for this position, point out that the eleventh-century Muslim historian of India, al-Biruni, referred to Buddha as a Prophet. Others dismiss this last piece of evidence and explain that al-Biruni was merely describing that people in India regarded Buddha as a prophet.

• sakota
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

A lot of religions talk about a "way". Buddha talked about 'dharma' ( the Way), we have Shariah which is the 'way', the early Christian movement was known as ‘the Way’ before the term ‘Christian’ was coined, the Jews have 'Halakha' which means Way and so on and so forth so these religions can be seen to be connected in this regard but Allah (swt) knows best His prophets and messengers

• 1 decade ago

Well, I guess no one knows. He could be, he could not. However, since we don't know for sure, don't assume he is. According to current ACTUAL, TRADITIONAL buddhism, God wasn't in the mixture, only the idea of nirvana. Later, people started worshipping Buddha and added hell and heaven and stuff like that.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Seriously?

• 1 decade ago

NO Buddha was not a Prophet...

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

There is no proof to say that

Daleel MAN! Daleel!

• 1 decade ago

Oh, i apologize... I'm an atheist.

have a nice day :)

Source(s): <3
  • 1 decade ago

Yeah, bologna!

• 1 decade ago

The answer is no.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.