glen johnson best premier league transfer?

what r ur thoughts on the glen johnson deal. 10.5 million pounds 4 a fullback who has 2 goals in 4 games, 3 assists in 4 games and 3 man of the match awards in 4 games. what a bargain

yeah but pompey still owed liverpool 7 million 4 the crouch transfer last year.

• Umer
    Best Answer

Yes so far he is looking that he is the best buy of the summer , he has done excellent since joining us , and keep in mind the overall team performance hasnt been that good , when the team improves he will be even more lethal.

And to all the people who say that he cant defend are stupid , its just a myth that he cant defend ,yes he does tends to attack a lot more then a average right backs do but he is an attacking full back , like dani alves ,

and all goals conceded by liverpool so far have nothing to do with GLen Johnson , he is as good at defending as he is going forwards.

People are just bitter towards him because he is a liverpool player , I still remember how everyone called him over rated when we signed , but he is letting his game do the talking !!

Signing of the season !!

I've seen Gareth Barry for Man City and he has been nothing short of a revelation there. City lacked that sort of player last season hence why they conceded so many goals but Barry can sweep up the ball with ease. Better still he can go forward as well and has a great passing ability. For me the shrewdest buy of the summer and I think Hughes made a great signing there along with Adebayor and Tevez who have been good together so far. They have to give him some time I honestly think Hughes will become the next Fergie

He and Glen Johnson have come on leaps and bounds in the past year or 2. If I had to pick a Premier League team those 2 would be in my team

It's not just goals and assists you should be focusing on, in those four games there were two losses so I'd settle down on the praise. Regardless of how much Portsmouth owed Liverpool he was still a 17million pound purchase.

Adebayor seems to be doing quite well at City, sSame with Toure (no goals conceded).

Wait until December before saying he's a bargain.

• Sandra

1, 17 million is ridiculous for a full back who has had only one stand out season. 2, True he's not technically a Chelsea reject but he coudn't cut it their in the first place which suggests he is not of that high quality. Plus Chelsea's transfer policy is mental. I reckon they only went in for him to get cover Bosingwa and ensure we missed out on him. 3, Sorry but that money could have been spent on buying a striker of truly high quality.Last season showed that with all the draws when we lacked a cutting edge. Stephen Darby is a decent ENGLISH player who IMO is more than capable of slotting into the first team. 4, I hope he proves me wrong!

Thomas Vermaelen definitely

Trouble is he can't defend

That's why Jose got rid of him

Average club player

And looks lost in an England shirt

• kevdtm

he's so awful at defending, its unbelievable.

Zhirkov is every inch as good as him going forward, and he can defend at the calibre of chivu.

Also zhirkov has positional sense and intelligence, along with cole, lahm, clichy, evra etc.

I'd rather have a Maldini, chivu, cole, or lahm in my side than a guy who has no defensive positional sense what so ever, he probably wouldnt have noticed an elephant running between him and john terry because he was so caught up in thinking of his next attack.

Best Signing Has Been Adebayor For City

Ummmm a defenders biggest stats shouldnt be goals and assists lol

and he was for like 17

dear oh dear

Looks like Johnson is turning to be a really good transfer this season.But is he the best? Well, we have to wait and see..

Other successful transfers might be

ManC

Adebayour

Tevez

Barry

Arsenal

Vermalean