Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 decade ago

Help! Im so scared? Please answer?

Ok so yesterday i was at my high school football game and everyone decided to white out the other team. Gallons of baby powder were thrown in the air and you could barely breath. I was completley unaware that this was going to happen so i was in the middle of all the baby powder when it happened. Is this harmful to my lungs? Will it cause long term damage?


PS. when everyone threw it up there was a huge white cloud and youc ould barely see.

Right now my lungs feel like almost soar. and i keep coughing./

5 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    Baby powder is talc and fragrance. The talc works by absorbing moisture. Expect a dry cough for a few days, after that things should be o.k. There is nothing to show that talc is poisonous. Don't over do it with exercise. If things are still bothering you by Tuesday, see the nurse or go to a doctor, but I wouldn't worry about it too much.

  • 1 decade ago

    You definitely need to see your doctor. Baby powder can and does cause problems when inhaled in large quantities. The breathing trouble you are having may require medical treatment with inhalers, etc. Your doctor will be the best person to gauge whether you have been affected by the stuff or not. Good luck!

  • 1 decade ago

    Add one table spoon fresh ginger juice and one table spoon honey into a cup of hot water and drink three times a day to fight your illness. Inhale steam twice a day to fight infections and inflammation. Take one tea spoon fenugreek seeds or powder and boil in 150 ml water. Drink twice a day after the water becomes half. These home remedies will he helpful to get rid of your present sufferings. Take care and remain blessed with good health!

    Source(s): Please check my profile.
  • 1 decade ago

    you will be fine. it's not tar or anything. it's not gonna eat away your lung tissue. your body's just trying to cough it up and get it out because it's not supposed to be there. you'll be fine.

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    It could be, I think you should consult a doctor.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.