Are electric engines bad for the air due to production costs?

I have been doing a bit of study on electric engines and though they di seem promising a few problems seem to arise. let me explain. electric engines come from raw materials. materials like copper and that is a limited resource. most copper mines are strip mines that destroy landscapes and the landscapes are... show more I have been doing a bit of study on electric engines and though they di seem promising a few problems seem to arise.

let me explain. electric engines come from raw materials. materials like copper and that is a limited resource. most copper mines are strip mines that destroy landscapes and the landscapes are changed forever. should his be a problem?

now, what about the power the electricity comes from. what do we do? if we started putting all our cars on the grid, the grid as soon as possible, it would seem the grid couldnt handle such a strain even when we put the grid to wind and solar. anybody against type 4 reactors?

and then the problem of limited range, how do we inporve it?

what do we do about those problems