What do you think of the girl's name Iva?

My mom has a friend who goes by the name Jean, which I assumed was her first name. But I found out that her first name is Iva and Jean is her middle.

What do you think of the name Iva (EYE va)? What do you think of Iva Jean?

I personally think it is a gorgeous alternate to the very very popular Ava which ranked number 5 on the SSA list last year.

I too prefer Ivy.

I don't want to use it, just wanted to see what people thought of it.

If I was to use Jean it would to be to honor my grandmother, Billie Jean (Double first name) and Great-aunt / surrogate grandmother, Norma Jean (First and middle).

Favorite Answer

I can't say I'm a huge fan of Iva, but I prefer it to Jean. Even though I try to avoid very very popular names, I think the more common Ava is better than the Iva alternative in this case.

I actually quite like it! I wouldn't ever use it and I prefer Ivy, but I agree it is a lovely alternate to Ava. Iva Jean flows well too. The only problem I have with it, is that if it was Iva Rose or something it sort of sounds like you are saying 'I have a rose' really fast?

:)

I think it's really pretty - I actually know a girl named Iva (she's 25 though).

It is a little close to Ava though - and I hate popular names.

Why do you want to name her after this lady? Obviously you like her and want to honour her - but what if you honour her by using one of her names - Iva and then use a middle name that homours someone else - like your mom or grandma etc.?

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

I personally think it is a gorgeous alternate to the very very...

Source(s): girl 39 iva: https://shortly.im/qwuwx

Prefer Ava,but like Iva

I know a couple of Iva's. I think it's a great name!

Iva is my grandma's middle name!

I like the name Iva Jean... they names go well together.

I like Iva. :)

Its my grandma's name..

Her's is Iva Nelle.

I prefer Ivy... Iva just doesn't appeal to me.

I love it. I actually really like Jean as a middle name (I love the name Emily Jean) but Iva Jean is really nice :)