does it hurt if you get a color tattoo?

i wanna get a tattoo of lips in red on my chest but i wanna kno how bad will it hurt on a scale of 1-10 with 1=not bad and 10=painful...

wat i mean is near my shoulder!

Best Answer

It depends on where your tatoo is going to be and the tatoo artist.

If it was too painfull then people wouldnt do it.

It's gonna be up there id guess an 8, chests in certain areas including the one your talking about tend to be tenderish areas. The fact its red vs. black unless there is tons of shading this will make no difference at all. If it's on your back of your shoulder it wont hurt at all.

Source(s): 23+ hours and counting

my first tattoos ever were in that exact place on each side. they were probably the least "painful" though i don't consider it all that painful. there are techniques on ignoring the pain, mine are either to focus on it the pain itself until you realize that it's really just a heavy vibration, or just focus on something else and distract yourself. it IS a tattoo, you just have to suck it up, it's not all that bad when you think about it.

coloring in requires more needles on a larger surface than outlining, but black/grey vs. color has no difference.

Source(s): tattood dudeman

a color tattoo isn't going to hurt any more or less than a black/grey tattoo...i don't have one on my chest so i can't say how much that area hurts but it probably won't be as bad as you are expecting. they usually aren't...

Depends on your pain tolerance. The chest area can be painful though.

chest area is lil bit painful i think it will be 4/10 but nothing terrible and intolerable

color tattoos are the same as black ink tattoos.

The pain comes from the place you get it on your body, so if theres bone then it would hurt.

11-my m8 had tattoos that say 'Jesus' and 'Saves' but she doesn't have them on her chest

Tattoo on your chest though?

Imagine what they will look like when you are old and you are (possibly probably) droopy

Just saying though, obvi its your choice.