What is the coolest magic the gathering card?

1. In terms of Artwork

2. In terms of versatility

3. Your overall favorite

Its an opinion question..easy two points and I'll let the voters decide who's right.

Favorite Answer

1 - Sorin Markov. Easily the best artwork for any card. And he's an awesome Planeswalker too :D

2 - Lightning Bolt, maybe. You can kill of a creature after it resolves, burn for 3, or maybe kill of a big creature after combat?

3 - Knight of Meadowgrain. A 2/2 First Strike Lifelink for WW. That is pretty beast.

• seagle

Coolest Magic The Gathering Cards

1. I like the artwork on Venser, Shaper Savant quite a bit. It's an interesting abstract piece.

2. Rith's Charm does pretty much everything I could ever want to do on turn 3, although I admit almost always use the token ability.

3. Mystic Snake is by far my favorite card ever. Besides the fact that it's just a straight-up counterspell and 2/2 for 4, being that it's a creature, it's very easy to recurse it to counterspell multiple times with cards like Crystal Shard and Evacuation.

A lot of people say that "Black Lotus" is, but I think that is bogus.

the best card is, without a doubt, "Big Furry Beast".

I don't like the card personaly, it is a 99/99 with reach and trample and can block up to three monsters; however it costs 15 black mana. my favorite is a combo.

The Lich Lord of Unx and Nantuko Husk. The Lich costs (1) and 1 black and 1 blue mana. Nantuko husk costs (2) and a black mana. The lich can use one black and one blue to make a zombie wizard token. The Nantuko husk can sacrifice a creature and gain +2/+2 until end of turn. The lich has a second ability that isn't important. But anyway. Create a ton of zombies, sacrifice all of them and pump the husk to unimagianable proportions. Giving it trample is a nice touch, too.

Source(s): My own cards. As well as a friend of mine that has the "big furry beast". and about a 3 months of experience...hehe
  • ?

Learn Easy Magic Fast!

1. Artwork: That's a tough one, actually, but I'm going to go with Form of the Dragon, the From The Vault: Dragons version. I love that artwork.

2. Versatility: Cryptic Command. You want a counterspell that cantrips? You got it. Need to tap down the opponent's team so you can attack for the win, while bouncing his land and setting him back a turn? We can do that, too.

3. Personal favourite: Uril the Miststalker. Uril with Runes of the Deus, swing for 18 (on turn 5, with a little acceleration).

1. Hard to say, but i'm still undecided.

2. Lightning Bolt or Counterspell.

3. Rage Forger. I have no words to explain what it does, but it is beastly. Rage Forger (any number) + anything with +1/+1 tokens/shamans with +1/+1 tokens = win. That card is just fun to play with.

1) foil Lightning Talons.

2) Safe Passage

3) Wall of Reverence

Serra Avatar

In terms of artwork: Duel Decks: Divine vs. Demonic; The Lord of the Pit ***** rules!!!

Versatility: Fireball!!!

Favorite card of all time to date, however, remains the Fireball!!!