Weird, weird question. Anyone have a clue what, possibly, horror movie this is?

I was very very young and I have memories of this movie I saw or saw parts of. I'm talking like between the ages of 5-10, and I'm 28 now. So it might have been made in the 70's or 80's. All I remember is a family laying on beds or tables and their bodies started to wrinkle and fold up starting at the feet and then I remember blue balls of light floating around. I think maybe the people we're contained in the balls of light. Any ideas? Those were my only memories. I know its weird but I've had this in my head for a long time. And it's just one of those "its driving you nuts not knowing" things.

I can't find anything on Dieing (Dying Wish and I don't think it was Beetlejuice, I remember that movie.

Favorite Answer

Strange Invaders (1983)

starring Paul Le Mat, Nancy Allen, Diana Scarwid, Michael Lerner, Louise Fletcher, Wallace Shawn, Fiona Lewis, Kenneth Tobey, June Lockhart, Charles Lane

IMDb synopsis:

Charlie's ex-wife disappears, and he travels to her hometown in the rural Midwest to look for her. Surprisingly, nobody knows about her or her relatives. His snooping around stirs up a frightening, alien presence. When he contacts the FBI, they don't believe him. Then, he tells his story to a tabloid and suddenly finds himself pursued by the aliens. When his daughter is kidnapped, he must return to that mysterious town, which looks as if it is locked in the Fifties.

You can see the glowing blue balls of light in the cover art:

http://us.imdb.com/media/rm2416090112/tt0086374

Here's the Siskel & Ebert review with some film clips:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1SqKpXOifw&feature...

I found this at a site that gives a thorough review:

And when they deem you trouble or a threat they just hold their hands up in front of your face and suddenly your body shrivels up and you turn into a floating blue glowing orb. They do this to a little boy at one point in the movie and it really is a freaky effect, like watching the Wicked Witch’s feet shrivel up when Dorothy’s house lands on her, except if it left her skin instead of stockings.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've watched this film many times, starting in the Eighties, when it aired on HBO. Just this year, I've seen it at least five times.

• beetlejuice...sounds like the reborn and death scene on the kitchen table when they're in their wedding clothes...:D