Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceSmall Business · 1 decade ago

Does Lids Hat Store hire girls??:) And if so whats the hiring process like?

I'm asking if they hire girls because when I turned in my application to the store like the Lids employment office told me to do..the guy looked at me like I was crazy for wanting to work there. Ha. And he said, "don't you think your too hot to work at a guy store, weird choice, I would picture a girl like you working at Abercrombie or something." And he said it all seriously :( Like I was doing something wrong. So do you think that because it's a "guy" store they may not want me working there?

Is there an interview? What are the requirements? Has anyone worked there..what are the pros and cons of the job? Thank you!

Favorite Answer

I don't know about the hiring process, but at my local Lids store I've seen at least two different girls working there. And actually, I've seen quite a few girls shopping inside as well.

• gordie

Lids Hiring

Working At Lids

Not sure about working for either Lids or Ambercombie; but by law (Equal Opportunity), they have to consider your application seriously.

Being a girl has it advantages in working at a "guy" store when it comes to making the sale; but that will only be part of the job requirements. Just don't get too focused on one customer, the other shoppers will steal everything from under your nose.

You will also have to know the inventory and be physically capable of restocking the shelves and cleaning the store.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

I'm asking if they hire girls because when I turned in my application to the store like the Lids employment office told me to do..the guy looked at me like I was crazy for wanting to work there. Ha. And he said, "don't you think your too hot to work at a guy store, weird choice, I...

Source(s): lids hat store hire girls whats hiring process like: https://shortly.im/TbZPh

Yes Lids does hire girls to work for them. I am a girl and I work as a Sales Associate at Lids. I applied for the job just because I saw it on indeed.com and I was looking for a summer job at that time. I am a college student that is highly involved with activites and leadership and I submited my resume when I applied and my resume contains the activites I did and the leadership awards I had won. The next day after when I had submitted my resume and application, I was called for an interview. I was feeling nervous about it and didn't think I was going to get the job because I am not the type of girl who is into sports teams and I don't even know the history of my local football team that many people in my area support. I was only applying to that job just because I needed a job and that was one of the few places that required retail work experience because I never had a job before. On the day of my interview, I was dressed interview material instead of casual clothing. So I walked into the store and my boss first introduced himself and then took me too the food court. On the way to the food court my boss started a general conversation and then asked me if I was into spots or know the sports team and I was honest and told him no but I'm willing to learn. Then when my boss interviewed me, everything went smoothly and then I was told that I had got the job. I was shocked that I would get the job eventhough I didn't know much about sports team. I am still working at that job today and I love it. I even want to move to a higher postion later and after I graduate college with Lids. I hope everything works out for you now.