Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 decade ago

What football position should I play?

Hey guys, I'm going to start playing football as a Junior in high school. I already made up my mind. So I will have the whole winter,spring and summer to get ready. I have never played football in my life, but I have always watched it and I am very smart about the game.

I have been playing basketball my whole life, I was on varsity as a freshman, but I have decided I want to play football, but I'm not sure what position I should be working on to try and get ready for.

I am about 6'2 135, I'm pretty skinny, but I have started a weight lifting Program, I can squat pretty good, but I really need to work on my upper body strength. I used to be slow, but I'm starting to get a bit faster.

I was thinking something along the lines of WR, but that's my opinion, please give me yours. Thanks.

Best Answer

Wr but u are way 2 small gain size

I'm 6'2 and a sophomore going to a junior. I've been playing 2 years. I do weight 155 lbs though. I'd say get heavy and gain speed! Then try wide reciever and safety! I play that (:

Go out for WR your the perfect size and basketball players always make the best WR. On deffence u could probably be a corner but sick to offence.

• Janice

QB best position in football

If i was you i would play CB or Saftey because your hight is OK and good for a CB but if you get some more upper body strength you should definetly play Saftey

Kicker, Punter, Holder, WR, CB, and Safety.

Just depends on how hard you want to work

Be CB but you need to get faster for that posistion, if you are only a bit fast you wont be a good WR

Punter

69

69

69

69

69

69

69

water boy