Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 decade ago

What football position should I play?

Hey guys, I'm going to start playing football as a Junior in high school. I already made up my mind. So I will have the whole winter,spring and summer to get ready. I have never played football in my life, but I have always watched it and I am very smart about the game.

I have been playing basketball my whole life, I was on varsity as a freshman, but I have decided I want to play football, but I'm not sure what position I should be working on to try and get ready for.

I am about 6'2 135, I'm pretty skinny, but I have started a weight lifting Program, I can squat pretty good, but I really need to work on my upper body strength. I used to be slow, but I'm starting to get a bit faster.

I was thinking something along the lines of WR, but that's my opinion, please give me yours. Thanks.

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Wr but u are way 2 small gain size

• 5 years ago

I'm 6'2 and a sophomore going to a junior. I've been playing 2 years. I do weight 155 lbs though. I'd say get heavy and gain speed! Then try wide reciever and safety! I play that (:

• 1 decade ago

Go out for WR your the perfect size and basketball players always make the best WR. On deffence u could probably be a corner but sick to offence.

• Janice
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

QB best position in football

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

If i was you i would play CB or Saftey because your hight is OK and good for a CB but if you get some more upper body strength you should definetly play Saftey

• 1 decade ago

Kicker, Punter, Holder, WR, CB, and Safety.

Just depends on how hard you want to work

• 1 decade ago

Be CB but you need to get faster for that posistion, if you are only a bit fast you wont be a good WR

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Punter

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

• 1 decade ago

water boy

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.