crystal asked in PetsOther - Pets · 1 decade ago

Need to find a healthier food for my pets?

I have a 3yo apbt named Asia and a 4yo Himalayan cat named Azrael.

My dog has a weight problem and I have just recently switched her to Iams weight control,she likes it,it's reasonably priced and from what I've researched....contains quality ingredients(the original bag is gone because I store kibble in a bin).The problem is that I have been made aware of animal experimentation by the Iams company which causes me to not want to remain a customer.

My kitty just recently got switched to Purina One hairball solution and I have learned that it contains ash,by-product meal and not the appropriate amount of protein.

I have been researching on the internet with little info and was hoping that maybe some Yahoo members would be able to shine some light on the suject......

Quick run down of what I would prefer

No ash

First ingredient should always be a protein

No by-products

Thanks!

Check out http://www.petsandpetsupplies.galaxyofstores.com/ for online stores that offer all sorts of pet supplies, including pet foods. These stores often include useful information about the products they sell, and have a chat line, or a phone number to call, if you still have questions. Hopefully, you can find the answer to your question there.