Ðαx² asked in Games & RecreationCard Games · 1 decade ago

YGO - Ups/Downs of an Insect deck?

I was thinking of making an Insect deck. I read over some of the effects of them, and they're almost a mill-type of deck, with Needle Worms or Doom Dozer, and cards that make your opponent draw like Chainsaw Insect.

I was also thinking of a Machine deck, but I'm not sure what they really do.

Favorite Answer

Insects are becoming more and more powerful, with the "Spider" archetype releasing in Stardust overdrive. I recently was looking at making an insect deck that used Verdant Sanctuary to search out Doom Dozer and Aztekipede. Pinch Hopper gives free summons, best used with Multiplication of Ants. I'd also suggest 3 Creature swap, as insects summon easiest with a lot of insects in the grave, so if you swap the weaker ones to your opponent (Ant token, Howling Insect, Man eater Bug after flipping, Bee lis soldier if you can't draw, etc) you can get advantage.

Machines have mutiple different ways to go about them.

Cyberdark, which needs dragons aswell

SKYFIRE: a newer archtype focusing on controlling the opponents plays

Chimeratech: Uses Fortress Dragon and Over Dragon to make huge swings

Jinzo Lord: Control Traps and Swarm with Jinzo

Roids: Chain Material+ Super Vehicroid Connection zone= Indestructible Vehicroid Stealth Union

XYZ: Using the VWXYZ fusions to fight

Gradius Games: Victory Viper, Fachion Beta, Jade Knight, Blue Thunder T-45. Their effects activate off of battle, and they are all light so Honest helps them win and activate their effects.

Black Salvo Variants: Essentially using Black salvo to Bring out level 4 dark machines to swarm, or synchro. It's weaker without Dark Strike Fighter.

I think the most devastating one is combining Jinzo with Chimeratech. Using Future Fusion on 3 Jinzo's and 3 Jinzo Returner's gives you three jinzo's on the field. Next turn you can overload fusion into Chimeratech Overdragon, or if you revive Cyber Dragon, can make Fortress Dragon. Anyway those are the ideas I can think of right now, definitely consider those insects though. Hope this helped, good luck!

Source(s): 6 years experience

An insect deck is not really good, unless you obtain plenty of trap and spells to go along, because they aren't really very strong types of monsters, more focused on changing the battle field, and switching cards in your deck. If you have an insect deck, be sure to include some machines, plants, and some reptiles. Some fairies might help, too, otherwise you'll be too weak.

MACHINES are beatdown mostly and power boosts. Insects have some support cards like Sactuary or forest. some are ultimate insect lv's or perfectly ultimate moth and cocoon of evelution. Insects work well with insect barrier and that card that goes with drill insect

MACHINE BECAUSE JINZO IS A GREAT CARD WHEN USE IN A COMBO WITH SPELL CANCELLOR. BECAUSE ALL YOUR OPPONENTS CAN RELY ON IS CARD EFFECTS AND ATTACKS. THIS IS MY FAV COMBO.