Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

problems talking to guys?

im a male and i am more comfortable talking to girls i dont know why im not gay or anyhting but i have socializing problems when it comes to talking to my guy friends.

1 Answer

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

You're not the only one. Many guys get on better with girls; they enjoy the intimacy of conversation that girls get into. Generally speaking, most guys seem content with relatively superficial relationships centered around an activity - playing pool, baseball, video games, whatever. They are not interested in delving into the psyche of their friends - they are content that a given situation is what it looks like it is, and as long as personal boundaries are respected, everybody's happy.

If your lack of ability to socialize with guys is starting to bother you, my advice is to start working out. You don't have to do anything extreme, but if you start exercising, especially the "showy" stuff like push ups and chin ups, then set goals and try to surpass them, that is a natural talking point for a lot of guys. It's a relatively easy way to start shooting the breeze. You can admit to not being too good (if you've just started,) and ask for ideas on how to get better. Most guys are happy to share their body building expertise.

If it's any comfort, you are going to be streets ahead of the guys you are going to school with now, when it comes to future relationships. All that sharing feelings stuff that they are going to struggle with and tear their hair out about, you are just going to cruise through, because it's in your nature to discuss your feelings in a sophisticated manner. It will all work out in the end.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.