Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

How do you feel about heterosexuals in the church?

They're the ones who become pregnant out of wedlock, commit adultery, divorce, and harm their children psychologically.

This question is inspired by the following: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=200909...

And don't forget, heterosexuals can also spread nasty diseases such as HPV, AIDS, gonorrhea, syphilis, and herpes.

WOW, Arthur, just--wow. Oberon answered you perfectly.

• Oberon
    Favorite Answer

this is the double standard that is the basis of hypocrisy in Christianity.

the sin, no matter how one defines it's level of intensity, can and will be overlooked simply because of the individuals heterosexuality.

a gay person can be the most sanctified person within the congregation, be the most moral and virtuous of all the practitioners, yet will still be condemned personally and spiritually from the church body and never receive acknowledgment or authority.

EDIT:

Arthur - your understanding of the origin of disease is shocking. You rely on false information as fact. Most diseases we know of, have always been around. The process of the spread is not the issue, the control of the disease, is.

I can't improve upon the answers given by Oberon and Jayden's daddies, but your question reminds me of a quip I once read:

"The Bible contains six admonishments to homosexuals and 362 admonishments to heterosexuals. That doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals. It's just that they need more supervision."

-- Lynn Lavner, lesbian comedian and musician.

• Bill C

I'd have to wonder why those people weren't understanding any of the morals the church teaches. I've known many good heterosexual Christians, so I know that straights are capable of living a moral life.

Perhaps they don't have good role models. They could visit one of the predominantly gay Pentecostal churches and get a better idea of how to live as Christians without extra-marital sex, divorce, violence, child abuse, intolerance, judgmentalism, hatred, etc.

I agree, why would any self respecting church allow those filthy heterosexuals who become pregnant out of wedlock, have sex with their relatives, allow their daughters to be raped...

Oh, wait that's the characters in the Bible! OOPS!

(((Boris)))

• Vanity

We are all sinners and should not cast any stones....why are you judging, are you perfect....I know that you are not. Until we see each other as equals in this mire and filth we call life, and until God returns to us the promises he gave to us long ago, we should all check ourselves. At least we should humble ourselves because not one of us are perfect. So, to answer your question, I hate phony's of all sorts, whether they are in the church or lurking around your neighborhood, disguised as a concerned caring neighbor., and I can spot a bad egg usually first confrontation. I give people the benefit of the doubt, until they screw me and then, I have no sympathy for them whatsoever.

• Donna

I'm really laughing at Arthurs answer.

they would cause churchies to become filled with hate, as usual...

ahahaha yea take arthur for example lol

• Jed

Same answer as I gave to the other question.

We are called to repent, whatever the sin is.

We either follow God, or we do not.

People are not understanding the sinfulness of human nature.

It's wrong. The holy god does not like sinners and fornicators in his house!

Frankly...I'm against church in general.