Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 1 decade ago

How do I file an IG complaint (Army)?

I believe (and so does my chain of command) I have grounds for an IG complaint, so please don't be the one who goes "stop being a whiner and tough it up". I'm not going to go into details about what has happened, but there has been wrong doing. But no one seems to know the process. Could anyone help me out before I get into this. Also, is there any negitive sides.

1.) Is there real damage to me or someone else and do I have proof?

Yes, large amount of money, and I have the paper trail and witnesses.

2.) Is there a crime being committed or is unethical activity being conducted?

In turn, I'm losing funds because BN sat on my paperwork and passed the deadline

3.) Is there the potential for physical injury?

No.

4.) What will the repercussions be?

Thats what I'm wondering.

Hope that helps clear things up

Favorite Answer

I am a former IG.

It sounds like you have a pay issue that is not being resolved. If your chain of command has worked this issue and recommended that you see the IG - then you should go and talk to them.

You should be able to call your local IG (the phone number is required to be posted on your unit bulletin board) or do a 'walk in.'

Before you go to the IG make sure that you have permission from your supervisor to leave your place of duty.

Take all of your supporting documents with you and be prepared to explain your case and answer the IGs questions.

Although you can request to remain anonymous - doing so in this situation will prevent the IG from being able to help you (they cannot fix your pay issue without telling people who you are).

There will be no repercussions on you for going to the IG. Retaliation against anybody who makes a 'protected communication' (complaint to any law enforcement agency, the IG, any auditor of elected representative) is literally a 'career ending event' for any NCO or officer and the IG strictly enforces this rule.

Finally, remember that the IG can only work within regulation. The IG will research the regulations that cover your situation and if they say 'no' - then the IG cannot help you.

Army Ig Complaint

First, before you file you should ask your self these questions:

4.) What will the repercussions be?

Then, take your complaint to the Official IG Net army complaint page at:

http://wwwpublic.ignet.army.mil/File_Ccc.htm

• cantcu

Usually IG complaints are made in person and you do not have to go through a chain of command. You just walk into his/her office and file a complaint!

• Bridie

I would say a few things: I would email your supervisors and chain to ask them politely to see if you can move your cube or office. Get a letter from your doctor and maybe they will move you. Other than that Quit and find a job that noone wears perfume it's that simple. Unless you work outside or in a factory setting you will always have smells. The Army will never have a banning of fragrances so suck it up or quit

go to the IG office.

You go to the IG office on post.

Duh huh.

Yes there are and can be negatives.

All the way to being separated from the service.

For slander