promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

What is this movie from around the 70's?

Around the mid to late 70's there was a movie that was about a telethon or something of that nature. There was a woman that wound up making out or even sucking a guys nose. The name might have had America or American in it... not sure. Please help. I have looked on the internet and can not find it. You are my only hope.

1 Answer

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Americathon (1979)

starring John Ritter as the U.S. President, Harvey Korman, Fred Willard, Chief Dan George, Richard Schaal, Peter Riegert, Meat Loaf, Elvis Costello, Howard Hesseman, Jay Leno, Peter Marshall, George Carlin, John Carradine, Cybill Shepherd, Dorothy Stratten (uncredited bit)

IMDb synopsis:

In the not too distant future, the United States government is virtually bankrupt and in danger of being foreclosed on by a group of Native Americans, now owners of the massive Nike Corporation. A desperate President decides to make a last-ditch effort to save the country~by raising money with a telethon!

Here's a movie trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=965Alxl5b_U

Youtube thumbnail

I recall seeing this ages ago on HBO and haven't seen it since. But, it's not easily forgotten, being such a strange movie. By the way, Zane Buzby portrays the lady sucking President Roosevelt's (John Ritter's) nose.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.