I have been trying to find my real father for 43 years?

On my birth certificate (New York) it is stamped that is was revised as of 3/17/68 (over 2 years after I was born, and 3 days after my sister was born). I have tried in vein to get a copy of the original from 1965 , but I keep being told that is the only BC on file. I have ben told that I should try my mothers... show more On my birth certificate (New York) it is stamped that is was revised as of 3/17/68 (over 2 years after I was born, and 3 days after my sister was born). I have tried in vein to get a copy of the original from 1965 , but I keep being told that is the only BC on file. I have ben told that I should try my mothers maiden name, but how do I do this? I have never used my mothers maiden name.

The reasoning for this is to try and find my real father. My mother will not give me any info, and refuses to talk about it at all. I have tried numerous websites, but how do you look for someone, when you have no name.