What does it mean if your girlfriend breaks up with you and says " I see you more as a friend."?

My girlfriend broke up with me a week or 2 ago and said i see you more as a friend. sure weve know eachother for 3 yrs but still what does that mean? Is it an excuse or what?
Update: My girlfriend broke up with me a week or 2 ago and said i see you more as a friend. sure weve know eachother for 3 yrs but still what does that mean? Is it an excuse or what? Also she flirts with me a lot but she is an extremely confusing girl and she DOES have split personalitys 5 at least if that makes a... show more My girlfriend broke up with me a week or 2 ago and said i see you more as a friend. sure weve know eachother for 3 yrs but still what does that mean? Is it an excuse or what? Also she flirts with me a lot but she is an extremely confusing girl and she DOES have split personalitys 5 at least if that makes a diffenrence.