Top Music Schools ( college) in usa ?

What are the top music schools (colleges) for hip hop r and b singers in usa?

• Ella
    Favorite Answer

Usually music schools focus on classical music - anywhere from opera to contemporary. You can find schools w/ jazz programs, but I have never heard of a college dealing w/ hip hop or r&b in the curriculum (I'm familiar w/ many music schools, from public state schools to private conservatories...and I had never encountered Hip Hop or R&B that was in a collegiate level - I've seen people forming bands on the sides and classically trained singers were singing with a band "on the side", but not for credit or to go towards a degree). I heard of "Musicians Institute" from someone who had a question on Yahoo Answers about that particular institute, I looked over the website (www.mi.edu) since I never heard of such a school and it looks like something you'd be interested in.

Sorry. Good luck!!!

Texas Southern University

Julliard is between the terrific colleges for song in united states of america. Am Maria Matovu from Uganda,a registered nurse by using profession who's getting to grasp a thank you to play an Organ by using myself. Patrick Kabanda is between the terrific organist whilst he comes decrease back to Uganda.

The list is in the article down at the source. There is a list for the world (without links to description) and the one for U.S. alone with links.