Fuji FinePix j20 zoom error -- HELP!?

My Fuji Finepix j20 says zoom error on the screen and I've been trying to fix it by pressing the lens lightly (it was all the way out), turning it on and off (for a while it refused to turn off, then it refused to turn on). The first light on the back is blinking red. I've only had it for less than 3... show more My Fuji Finepix j20 says zoom error on the screen and I've been trying to fix it by pressing the lens lightly (it was all the way out), turning it on and off (for a while it refused to turn off, then it refused to turn on). The first light on the back is blinking red.
I've only had it for less than 3 months, and I've taken around 300-375 pictures with it, but none recently. I dropped it once, but it was a very short, light fall on a fluffy, shag carpet.

any suggests on how to fix it? My dad refused to by a warranty. My parents don't know it's broken. I'd like to fix it without them finding it out (I was the last to use it, so they'll blame it on me.) So anything I can do without taking it to be repaired? or buying anything?

Thanks!
Katie
Update: by the way, I got the zoom back in eventually (by turning it on and off) but the lense isn't closed and it's focus is all weird on the screen.

In case you can't tell, I know nothing about cameras... so simple language would be nice :)