need help on FHA PMI INSURANCE.?

I bought a house with 25 percent down and being charged for PMI insurance, what should I do? The Loan I got is a FHA loan.

Best Answer

I don't understand, if you had 25% to put down, WHY you went with an FHA loan.

BUT. Call the lender, and ask them. With that much down, unless there was a whole bunch more to the deal than you are disclosing, you shouldn't be paying ANY PMI.

FHA Loans require PMI regardles :( They always charge an up front PMI Premium and then charge a monthly fee. The only way to get out of it, is to refi into a Conventional loan.

**The most common reasons for people to get FHA loans is credit and a lack of down payment. If you didn't have an issue with either, your lender should have opted to get you into a Conventional loan. Where PMI is never required if you have a minimum of 20% down.

Source(s): Been in the industry for 7 years.

With FHA loans they are going to continuously have PMI pondering's backed by ability of the government so as that they want to guard themselves. With a common loan particular as rapidly as you attain 80% LTV they are going to drop your PMI. The economic company oftentimes demands which you wait a million 365 days interior the previous getting a sparkling appraisal to tutor which you're below 80%.

• Laurie

That is based on the value of the property. 80/20 loan to value, I believe. Contact your lender if you feel that it is not correct. Once you start paying down the loan ( although you gave a really good down payment) this can be removed. When the house value appreciates this to will remove the PMI. just contact them.

Call the lender and find out what you have to do to cancel the PMI. depending on when you bought the house, you may have to have another appraisal done. Most likely, they will ask you to write a letter requesting tat they drop the PMI as you have more than 20% equity in the house.