Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 decade ago

Im a 14 year old girl and Im wondering if i should start shaving down there.?

Im 14 and a girl and im wondering if i should start shaving down there. Is it normal for 14 year old girls to shave down there? Please Help!!!!!!

Favorite Answer

first you have to ask yourself what your goal is - are you asking the question b/c you've got a lot of bush and its kind of protruding into your bikini (or underwear) or are you starting to date and are curious to the preferences of a guy.

well 1st off i'm a 22 year old male and i've had probably at least 10 sexual partners - and i can tell you that shaved is much much better. i don't personally like feeling any bush on my skin during foreplay or intercourse - and looking at nude female body - less is more - think about it.. do guys like hairy arms/armpits, arms, legs, *** hairs, back hairs on women? not unless you're in france baby. so why would a guy want it on your ********? (vagina). now some guys don't mind per se if you have some hair down there but generally speaking no one wants a monster shrub growing down there either. it really depends on where you live as well. if you live in the West Coast, especially California or Socal, then you should definitely shave it - whether you're good looking or not, it will only improve your appearances Generally Speaking to other boys/men. Try looking at google images of some hairy bush images of women and then type shaved women or shaved vagina...i know it sounds crude, but you should see pictures of the difference - develop an understanding for the difference. I forgot to mention this, but you should also talk about this with your mom if you have a good relationship with her.. if not, just take my advice and shave it

beware tho, if you shave it bald (bald is best), you probably will get minor razor burn..you have to be gentle shaving - prep up with some shaving mostiurizers, apply creams after the shave to soften skin and reduce razor burn..razor burn are the tiny, red irritated bumps you get from shaving..they go away about two days after shaving..and the more you shave, the tougher your skin will get down there and the easier it will be

in the 70s and 80s, hairy bush was normal, common and actually preferred among the majority of men ( i can only speak for the west coast) -- in the mid 90's to present - men have switched preferences to heavily trimmed to completely shaved..you want proof? watch any porn video from the 70's or 80's, then watch a present day one...i'd estimate at least 7 out of 10 famous pornstars have completly bald vaginas (with maybe a purposely left strip of hair), 1 out of those 10 have a recently shaved (short hair), and the remaining 2 out of 10 actually have a bush (but still trimmed short)

14 is not too young to shave , but i would caution against having sex until you understand the implications of having sex - be selective with your partner, be rational (don't be drunk and havin sex haha), and always make him toss a glove on (condom)..

finally, would you let the hair on your head just grow and get wild without fixing it all up pretty? eliminate the need to groom your pubic hairs and just shave them off completely, --some added benefits is not only does it look cleaner and nicer to many men, but it doesn't take away from your other assets (your buns, hips, legs) as a hairy bush would..(trust me, men would only see the hair and not notice anything else)....

i kinda forget i was talking to a 14 year old, so don't worry about what guys want right now, not for at least another two years or so..just take this advice and concentrate on school and getting good grades!..

edit: also id like to point out that when seeking advice dealing with the opposite sex (men), sexual intercourse, beauty tips, etc.. its fine to get advice from women, but theres nothing like getting the input of a guy in these subjects (when you're older, of course)...not to be sexist in any way, but women think they can accurately judge exactly what men want all the time - not true...read the above comments for yourself - all from women - "do what you want," "its up t you" "its not necessary" "how do u feel about it?" ..pretty useless answers right? these women might've found men that like bush, but those men are few and far between here in LA county and Orange county (California)..take the advice of a man amidst a bunch of other men who know exactly what they want...if you're looking to please a man..all you got to do is ask...we men are very easy and simple to please.

Source(s): human sexuality minor at CSULB human sexuality 120, 180.. psychology 230, marriage & family counseling 300

It's normal to start shaving at any age in that region, but it's a matter of personal preference. If you want it shaved, go ahead and shave it. If you would rather not shave it, then don't.

Here are a few things to take into consideration:

Use summers eve or a similar brand of initimate cleanser and NOT a standard shaving gel which can cause an infection. Make sure that the hair has been soaked for at least 10 minutes (the bath tub is a good place for that). Use a sharp, clean disposable razor every time that you shave down there and throw it away when you are finished. Get yourself some Maximum Strength Vagisil to use when the itching starts as the hair begins to grow back in (it will itch like crazy).

• J G

There is no society standard like there is for shaving legs (which essentially is unnecessary, but is expected to be done).

Really, you don't have to shave down there at all. Some women never do. Some will only trim a little and shave the edge by legs (really just think if hair would come out the side of a swim suit.....once there is enough hair to be able to see any in a swim suit, then you probably should at least trim that part.)

Just do what you feel comfortable....if you prefer to shave, go ahead, if not, just know it is not necessary

I didnt til I was 18

i used to shave everything off when i was younger, like once a month, now that i'm married i wax (brazilian), its painful yeh but its really nice feels really smooth and clleeeaan, thats the best thing its much more hygenic to remove hair down there or at least keep it short.

just be careful, and don't feel weird if you have to get into some crazy positions of use a hand mirror to see what you're doing! just make sure you lock the door first lol.

good luck!

Source(s): my own experience

You should shave down there only if you want to. It is difficult to say what is "normal" When I was your age, I just kept it trimmed up down there, never shaved completely until I was 19, and didn't like it. Do what you want.

i started shaving down there when i was 12!!! you can shave down there its not like people look down there at all but when you do shave when it starts growing back it will be a little itchy

I didnt shave when I was your age, and I still dont and I'm 19.

dont shave just because you feel like you have to.

I started at 16, because that was around at the time I started having a physical relationship with my guy. And guys like it clean and shaved, or at least he said he preffered it more, so. There's no compulsion or necessity of it, do what you like and what you're comfortable with.

are you sexually active?? If so, by all means, shave it....I used to make mine a heart shape when I was single; now married and don't even shave legs and pits on the regular....lmao

dont do it..when it grows back it gets itchy..i havent done it..but one of my friends has..at the most trim it with like baby proof siscors