How hard is it to learn Web Design? How hard is it to start your own business?

I'm very interested in Web Designing, although I have never done it before. I am a very creative, organized, and business savy person, and am considering a career in web design. I would like to start a home business where I could create Web Sites for small businesses in the area: they come to me with what they... show more I'm very interested in Web Designing, although I have never done it before. I am a very creative, organized, and business savy person, and am considering a career in web design. I would like to start a home business where I could create Web Sites for small businesses in the area: they come to me with what they want, ideas... I design/create a web site for them and contact the companies needed (IP address, domain name, etc...) to get the web site up and running....

Where/how/what do I need to do to learn enough to create/design small web sites for small local businesses?

Can web design be accomplished using a user friend GUI or does it have to involve lots of programming and code (I did took a Visual Basic class in college and did great, but do NOT want to do web design if I will be coding my whole way thru it, not much into being a full time programmer...)

And how hard is it to get the web sites set up (who do you contact to get a domain name registered? how about getting a static IP address? do you need to have some kind of server host? or is that something my clients could lease from a internet provider company?) I am not really sure of the process I'd need to go thru past doing the designing of the web site...

Any advice or insight is appreciated....! Thank you! :<)