Grade 10 RCM Piano Exam?

So I've been working towards my grade 10 piano exam for about two years, and I haven't gotten so far... I hardly practice, and my piano teacher is not very demanding and it just seems like she doesn't care much. I mean, she's a good teacher, I guess.., but she doesn't make me motivated to... show more So I've been working towards my grade 10 piano exam for about two years, and I haven't gotten so far...

I hardly practice, and my piano teacher is not very demanding and it just seems like she doesn't care much. I mean, she's a good teacher, I guess.., but she doesn't make me motivated to play; I feel like I'm doing the same things every single week.

I know this is really bad.. but, on average, I only practice about 3 days a week for like 45 min. each (or less; I always seem to find excuses not to practise -.-). Ugh! I never have motivation and I'm always so lazy. I really wanted to pass my exam. I'm going to be in grade 11 at school next week, and it's going to be a stressful year so it's going to be more of a burden to find time to practice.

After 2 years of practising grade 10, I can *technically* play all of the songs by memory but haven't mastered them. Also I haven't yet worked on scales/sighreading stuff, etc. =/

I just wanted to know if taking the grade 10 piano rcm exam is worth it. What will I get from it? I've come this far, it just seems like a disgrace to quit. I will feel ashamed of myself. And as much as I feel like quitting, I don't want to quit; I like the piano, but not enough to practise everyday. :( However, since I've been practising the same songs for such a long time, it has gotten so boring and I feel I can't put much emotion into them because they sound so repetitive to me.

(P.S. I'm actually going for an interview for a piano teacher job in 2 days!! I taught piano for about 5 months last year at a small studio, got paid $12 an hour, and got laid off due to the economical situation. So I took a break from teaching, and today I got a call from the manager of a piano studio who looked at my resume.)

Will taking the grade 10 exam benefit me, as a teacher? Like, give me more experience to put on my resume?

I hate examinations. They are so difficult to prepare for, and nervewracking. Sigh.. this is such a depressing decision to make D: