Who would you cast for The Fountainhead movie?

Howard Roark: Christian Bale persona but the looks wouldn't work at all, Clive Owen maybe, Adrian Brody, Eric Stoltz is perfect apperance wise, if the cahracter was young Jamie Bell would work, dare I say Robert Pattinson, Cillian Murphy

Dominique Francon: my first thought was Angelina Jolie, I just can't thin of anyone else who could pull it off, I don't think she could even get it 100%. Charlize Theron maybe, Rachel Weisz, Jennifer Connelly

Ellsworth Toohey: Philip Seymour Hoffman, Michael Caine, Kevin Spacey, Martin Short, Johnny depp?

Gail Wynand: Kevin Spacey

Peter Keating: James Franco, Joaquin Phoenix would be perfect, Hayden Christensen (like in Shattered Glass), BIlly Crudup, Toby Mcguire, Ryan Gosling,

Guy Francon: Alan Rickman, Tom Hanks

Henry Cameron: Daniel Day Lewis, Ed Harris (like he was in Truman Show), Malcom Mc Dowell

Steven Mallory: Colin Farrell or Jude Law, Joseph Gordon Levitt, Heath Ledger would have been good, even as a young Roark, Joseph Fiennes, Paul Dano (silent brother in little miss sunshine), Jamie Bell

Austin Heller: Liev Schrieber

Catherine: Gwenyth Paltrow, Juliette Lewis, natalie Portman

I think that's all the major and some minor characters

As far as directors I think Kubrick could have done wonders with this, dera god please NOT David Fincher, Wes Anderson would make it really cool but wouldn't work really.

yes i know they did it in the 40's but i don't think it did it justice

And i pulled out the twilight kid because he looks like a young Roark

they aren't remaking it, but oliver stone was in talks with Brad Pitt a couple years back

Favorite Answer

You know it's already been filmed once, right? With Gary Cooper as Roark and Patricia Neal as Dominique in 1949.

Fountainhead Casting

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Dominique Francon: my first thought was Angelina...

Source(s): cast fountainhead movie: https://shortly.im/D8ME5

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Dominique Francon: my first thought was Angelina Jolie, I...

Source(s): cast fountainhead movie: https://seenow.im/e7/who-would-you-cast-for-the-fo...

They're making a movie of Ayn Rand's Fountainhead? That's one of my top 10 books. I hope whoever directs is able to get the message of the book across. Sound funny, but I bet Clint Eastwood would be a great Director.

Source(s): Yes fingmenow, I wasn't aware that they are remaking this today. Seems odd.

Oh, dear... You had to go and pull out that Twilight kid for Roark....

I see what you mean about Bale's personality just not his looks. From the descriptions I recall Roark is alright looking, not handsome by any means. (It has been a while since I've read the novel.) I don't think Murphy works, either...

For Dominique... I could see Drew Barrymore... Personally, I just wouldn't want someone who has already been type-casted as the gorgeous 'look at me' woman all throughout their career.

As for the rest... I really don't recall them by names! I ought to start on it again, I loved Rand's work.

In my opinion, the original King Vidor 1949 black and white version with Gary Cooper, Raymond Massey and Patricia Neal cannot be bettered. Of course that was 60 years ago and there is a temptation to want to see more "modern" versions of classic films with more current stars. If it were remade, I would like to see Ralph Fiennes as Howard Roark.