Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsTennis · 1 decade ago

The age cut off in the WTA, good or bad? Remember Venus, Serena, Hingis poised to beat older champs?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I believe it's a good thing. If you go back to the early 1990s when Jennifer Caprati(sp) jump onto the sense and i beleive she made it to the US Open Semis as a young teenager remember what happen later she begin to get into trouble and other things and on top of that had to deal with her dad. I think the age rule help save some of these girls from injury they end up having and making their career shorter. Because @ the young age of 14 that's just about all they going to think about is tennis and tennis and more tennis which after so long they are going to get tired of it or get an major injury that is going to end their career. Just look at Venus and Serena they both turn pro @ 14 but didn't really play that much tennis at all. Which over the years help them to where they been involved and still going for major at the respectful age of 29 and soon to be 28. Venus and Serena have out lasted Kim Clijsters, Justine Henin, Martina Hingis (twice), Lindsay Davenport, Jennifer Caprati(twice), Monica Seles, Mary Pierce, Anastasia Myskina, Jelena Dokic, and many others. If you ask me this a good thing to have these requirements of how many tournements they can play up until the age of 17 on the younger players

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Venus, Serena did boycorr WTA

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.