What are the true underlying reasons why foreigners (non-Filipino) choose to stay and live in the Philippines?

I admire those Yappers who I believe are foreigners (non-Filipino) and are frequenting Yahoo Answers Philippines, and from their own statement and answers, they are Americans or from some other countries. They are giving answers which are civilized and calculated, and not provocative. They do not belittle us... show more I admire those Yappers who I believe are foreigners (non-Filipino) and are frequenting Yahoo Answers Philippines, and from their own statement and answers, they are Americans or from some other countries. They are giving answers which are civilized and calculated, and not provocative. They do not belittle us Filipinos and they give truthful and constructive comments without engaging in downgrading us. I am not patronizing them, but I find them participative and are enthusiastic in exchanging ideas among us.

I appreciate their decision to stay and live in the Philippines. Aside from being assigned in the Philippines to work, what are your reasons? If you are married to a Filipina, you have a choice of living in your country of origin, but why Philippines? Is it because of the lower cost of living or what? Do you find it better to live with Filipinos than with your own countrymen? What really are your underlying reasons?

I hope you will not find this question offensive to your sensibilities.