Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Is the Kentucky Senate Race heating up?

U.S. Senate candidate Rand Paul on Monday pledged not to accept campaign contributions from any U.S. Senator who voted for the bank bailout and challenged his opponents to follow suit.

http://www.wkyt.com/wymtnews/headlines/56385402.ht...

Statement from the Grayson Campaign:

"Trey Grayson opposes the bailouts and disagrees on that issue with some Republicans. However, rather than attacking fellow Republicans, Secretary Grayson has called for an exit plan to end the TARP program, stop the bailouts, and get the government out of the business of owning and managing private companies. If elected, Secretary Grayson will focus on solutions and will work to rally more Republicans to his position while working to build our party, not tear it down."

Who do you agree with?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I don't even live in Kentucky but have donated to Rand's campaign. If he's anything like his father, he'll be a terrific Senator and he'll remain honest and above-board, unlike the majority of our politicians who end up selling their constituents out within a matter of months after getting into office.

They always sound great when running, but that changes as soon as they get into office.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Seems Rand Paul knows what has irked the People of Kentucky and wants an open and honest campaign unlike those that said they would use public financing to run a campaign and then about turned. Because he had decided not participate in the system, Obama was able to spend an unlimited amount of money during the general election.

LIES and DECEIT have no place in Govt.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Do senators contribute to one another's campaigns? I doubt it. Rand Paul's pledge is therefore meaningless. He sounds as wacky as his father.

• 1 decade ago

Trey sounds reasonable to me.----What is position his on abortion and same sex marriage

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.